WCIF a used bike?

Does anyone know where I can find a cheap used bike?

There are a couple of auctions run by the DEP that happen on the weekend but I can’t seem to be able to locate them.
On Saturdays there is one in Neihu at No.1, Lane 187, Xingzhong Rd. , Neihu District, Taipei City 114, Taiwan (R.O.C.)

On Sundays there is one in Wenshan at No. 31, Lane 105, Sec. 4, Xinglong Rd., Wenshan District

My problem is that both of these address don’t show up on google maps. Maybe I’m not searching properly.

Can anybody give me a hand figuring out how to get there by MRT/bus? OR if you know of any stores that sell 2nd hand bikes please let me know!

Thanks!

OK, so I gotta ask - are you the fella I met on the bus in Danshui last night, who asked me where to get a bike and I suggested the forum? Or is this just a mad coincidence? :wink:

hahaha nah man this is definitely some weird coincedence
that’s so funny though

i guess there’s a market for used bikes around here

I have a bike that’s in good shape that I can give you for 2k. I want to get a new bike and I have three already…it’ll get you around but you won’t win any races.

Hi therer.

I’ll check with the husband.
He sells a lot of good quality used bikes- usually ridden about 9 months to a year. DBK is the company. dbk.url.tw/rent.htm (rental page)
His website’s in Chinese and a bit hard to manoeuver for non-English speakers.
I’ll get on his case.
He has lots of locations.

[quote=“shirley s”]Hi therer.

I’ll check with the husband.
He sells a lot of good quality used bikes- usually ridden about 9 months to a year. DBK is the company. dbk.url.tw/rent.htm (rental page)
His website’s in Chinese and a bit hard to manoeuver for non-English speakers.
I’ll get on his case.
He has lots of locations.[/quote]

Thanks so much for your help shirley! I actually found a bike today though. I found an old post (which I can’t seem to find anymore) and there was an address for a 2nd hand bike shop at 174 Qing Nian Rd.

For anybody looking…i’m sure shirley’s husband is a great source!

Just so you know.,there is also the place that I went to. It is right across Qing Nian park…just look for #174. He is only open on weekends and has all the bikes laid out in front of the store. I got a mountain bike with working gears, good brakes, decent tires and a basket for 1150NT so i was pretty happy…the dude is really friendly too! he kept on offering me cigarettes and water

Alright…here I am again.
Spencer’s got a whole bunch of bikes for sale.
Pretty new cuz the rental hasn’t been great for him this year. Here’s his website…a bit more user friendly now.
dbk.url.tw/index.htm
Just click on the DBK bikes tab.