WCIF anchovy paste?

I saw a can of anchovy once, but can’t remember where. Anchovy paste on the other hand I’ve never seen. Have you?

I’m not quite sure what you mean, Mr Igor, but these people stock a South African anchovette paste: webspartaiwan.com/

Probably not what you’re looking for, and they’re probably out of stock, too.

What is anchovy paste?

There is only one:
http://www.fortnumandmason.com/product/fortnums-relish,9484.aspx
I’ve bought it from that website but it was several years ago. They delivered it to Taiwan no problem.

Can you find anchovies? Just make your own! :thumbsup:

What you’ll need:

• 18 fresh anchovy fillets
  • 4 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp wine vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic
  • Pepper

First, blend the anchovies in a food processor or blender. Peel and crush the garlic, then mix with the vinegar and pepper.

Next, stir in the oil little by little while whisking the mixture, just like you were making mayonnaise. When the mixture is blended, add the anchovies.

[quote=“sandman”]There is only one:
I’ve bought it from that website but it was several years ago. They delivered it to Taiwan no problem.[/quote]
Ooh! They’ve got some nice stuff, Mr Sandman. If you want to order, I’ll share the costs. A few things I’d like from there. Mr Igor?

[quote=“sandman”]There is only one:
I’ve bought it from that website but it was several years ago. They delivered it to Taiwan no problem.[/quote]

That is pure genius, sandman. But The price is STEEP and we haven’t gotten to shipping yet.

Its Fortnum & Mason’s, man. Of course its expensive. The best tends to be.

I’ve seen a Philippine anchovy paste in stores here in HK. Not tried it, but it’s just as likely in Philippine stores in Taiwan.

HG

I wanna grab that Window of Discovery mixed set of preserves and sauces, but it’s Out of Stock. And the Fortnum’s Potted Stilton says they ship on “named days only”, my bet is it doesn’t make it overseas without taking a few dogs’ olfactory senses out with it. Just like the British to tempt you with awesomeness then stick you with balls.

Mr Presley, yes, I am interested, I’ll visit the site more and see what else I want.
Let’s continue with PM.
Thank you sandman for the site.

If you buy from there you’ll be in fine company indeed! Why, Prince Charles buys from Fortnum & Masons! Probably even our own Lord Lucan!
In fact, that paste used to be called gentleman’s relish. Can’t think why they changed it!

I’ve bought it in jason’s/breeze.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Jason’s or Breeze (or City Super for that matter) do the 7-11 delivery service thing? I now live an Omega Man existence in the Western Armpit and it’s tough for me to get out of the city (without my rifle and a Buckeroo Banzai looking auto), sure would like to be able to pop across the street to civilization (7-11) to pick up my cheeses and salamis (and anchovy pastes)

The last time I checked, Jason’s would ship a box for you but you had to go into the store and purchase the items yourself, then take them to the service counter. They would not accept orders remotely in any form. This was about 1.5-2.5 years ago.

On delivery: Jason’s and City Super both have signs talking about delivery, but I believe you have to actually go there. For City Super you may also have to be a member. I’ve never tried it (one day I’ll buy lots of beer and go for it), so I don’t know how well it works.

Both have minimum charges for delivery, but if you’re a foreigner picking up hard-to-find western products, meeting that minimum charge is disturbingly easy.

There is a Jason’s the FE’21 (?) mall near Banqiao MRT/ HSR/ TRA station, which may suit you better than the other options.

I think Dragonbones mentioned somewhere that P&P Food and Spices delivers, and they certainly carry lots of exotic-to-Taiwan products. pnpfood.com/

Do you mean Jason and Breeze? you bought it at both places?
I have 2 questions then:
When was it and how much did you pay for it?
Thank you

All right thanks, I’ll take a look and see if I can get anywhere using my magical Mandarin skills.

i’m pretty sure i’ve seen at both. i probably got it at jason’s though. about a year ago i guess but i’m pretty sure i’ve seen it since then. best guess of cost was about $150. it comes in a toothpaste-like tube in a box.

OK, I have been to Breeze today and no anchovy paste, I asked and they say they didn’t have it. But they had Anchovies, so I bought that instead, I can do my own paste with it, but I am not sure how long can i keep it refrigirated. I guess not too long.
I am still going to Jason to find the paste. I hope they have it.