Wcif army surplus store

hello everyone

where can i find an army/police surplus store in tpe city? anyone know of an actual place with an actual address?

There’s a small one in underground Taipei City Mall (get off the MRT at Taipei Main Station and follow the (often hard to see) signs).

The army surplus store is about halfway along the mall on the far right.

There is a pretty nifty one with lots of shirts, vests, camouflage, etc. on Zhonghua Road, a few steps away from the big Cashbox KTV there. Sorry can’t get any more precise, I know it is right across from the bus top/police station/ but on te main road, not a proper store but like coverning the whole entrance of the building it is set in. Look for the huge ROC flags.

[quote=“taiwansteve”]hello everyone

where can I find an army/police surplus store in tpe city? anyone know of an actual place with an actual address?[/quote]

go to the 7-11 at #55 Gui Lin road, Taipei city. It’s just a minute from the Wanhua YMCA, and a 5 minute walk from the Guilin Carrefour store.

Across the lane from 7-11 you will see army police surplus stores. these places are housed old, post-1949 structures.

Also one in Wannian Building on corner of Xining S Rd and Emei Street in Ximending. Upstairs in back corner. 3rd floor? Can’t quite remember. Fairly large. Didn’t know about Icon’s or neesh’s. Will have to take a look sometime.

Suggest merging with this thread: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 25&t=91470

What are you looking for? Uniforms? Gear? Used hand grenades?

I went to one military surplus like store in Ximending. Only found it by some soldier on the sign, since it was in some small side street (with a German hotdog stand IIRC). I cant find it on google maps/streetview, but I believe it was this small street: No. 5-23, Lane 114, Section 1, Zhōnghuá Rd, Wanhua District (coordinates for google maps etc. around 25.043953,121.507679). It’s on the 2nd floor, so just a small entry downstairs. If youw alk from Ximending MRT Exit 6 into the main pedestrian area, go until a 7-11 on a corner to the right. Turn right into that small lane. It should be a shop on the left side, with a vertical sign in the street showing a sodlier or something like that.

Another shop with mostly airsoft guns but also quite a few uniforms and other military stuff is near shilin night market. Unfortunately they don’t sell the MG42 in their shop window, would have looked nice on the mantelpiece :wink: It’s called G&G, website, location, photos, video are here:
guay2.com/web/shop/shop.php
guay2.com/web/news.php?lang=en
台北市文林路70 號 / No. 70, Wénlín Rd, Shilin District
flickr.com/photos/ace_exista … 659755390/

Or you could ask this guy where the store he photographed is: flickr.com/photos/ace_exista … 284133808/

You won’t find used grenades or surplus guns and ammo unfortunately… this isn’t America.

I don’t think the ROC Army sells its surplus to the general public.

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]You won’t find used grenades or surplus guns and ammo unfortunately… this isn’t America.

I don’t think the ROC Army sells its surplus to the general public.[/quote]

Sorry, the “used grenades” was meant only as a joke. You know… not much left except for small metal scraps :wink:

That’s the one I was talking about, right on the main road:

[quote]Or you could ask this guy where the store he photographed is: flickr.com/photos/ace_exista … 284133808/
[/quote]

There is one just like this one at the Taipei City Mall -the oldest underground mall. They do have some beauties for sale.

[quote]http://www.flickr.com/photos/ace_exista … 659755390/

[/quote]
It is separate -and different- ina different aisle than the army uniform store.

thanks for the help. i went to the one on guilin rd. it had what i needed (a ball cap, only 250). no they dont carrry guns for you psychos out there, but they do carry large knives for the croc dundee inside you.