WCIF Caspian Sea Yogurt starter mix?

Hey Folks,

I’m looking for a specific kind of yogurt starter mix.

I just got back from Japan and all of my friends there were into this stuff called ‘Caspian Sea Yogurt’.

Its a variety of nice creamy yogurt that doesn’t have to be fermented at the relatively high temperatures that normal yogurt does (thus the use of a yogurt maker)

Instead you can make in on your kitchen table overnight.

Its also not Kifir but is rather a very specific variety that…as Tom Waits once said is…“big in Japan”.

Stupidly, I figured that it would be available in Taiwan on PCHOME.COM or something so I didn’t buy any in Tokyo. It isn’t.

Does anyone have a line on this stuff.

happyherbalist.com/caspian_sea_yogurt.htm

I live in Taichung

Thanks in advance

Never heard of it.
I did hear something about Kefir being possible to get hold of here though.
You can get cheap Yogurt makers here though, I got one free with a blender and it works a treat, although I need to find a nicer tasting starter than the crap I got in Carrefour…

Hey Folks,

I’m looking for a specific kind of yogurt starter mix.

I just got back from Japan and all of my friends there were into this stuff called ‘Caspian Sea Yogurt’.

Its a variety of nice creamy yogurt that doesn’t have to be fermented at the relatively high temperatures that normal yogurt does (thus the use of a yogurt maker)

Instead you can make in on your kitchen table overnight.

Its also not Kifir but is rather a very specific variety that…as Tom Waits once said is…“big in Japan”.

Stupidly, I figured that it would be available in Taiwan on PCHOME.COM or something so I didn’t buy any in Tokyo. It isn’t.

Does anyone have a line on this stuff.

happyherbalist.com/caspian_sea_yogurt.htm

I live in Taichung

Thanks in advance

You said that already.

Anybody want some sour cream? How about a big bra? Deoderant? But come on salt from the caspian sea? At what depth would you prefer this salt be gathered? I say these things, not in hostility. I am sure you are earnest in your quest. But, come on, there is a limit and in my humble opinion, Caspian Sea Salt is a bit over the edge. Hell, I am fine with just finding salt.

Dude… whats salt got to do with anything?

This is YOGURT.

Sedition;
Got it. I jumped the gun a bit, but I have to admit it wasn’t the first time. Apology offered. Is this a brand name or simply from that area of the world? I really doubt it is a very hot item here but if it’s a brand name, I will keep my eyes open and if I spot it, you’ll be the first to know. Who would have thought that the Caspian Sea has yogurt. I am amazed.

No problem