WCIF chorizo?

G&G is a deli in Tianmu where you can get good sandwiches, sliced meats and cheeses, and a variety of imported gourmet items and Western foods. Some may remember them from many years ago, when they were a classy-looking deli on the west side of Zhongshan road a couple km south of Wellman’s, but now they are in an alley behind the NE corner of the intersection of Zhongshan and Tianmu.

Take Zhongshan N. Rd. north, past the American school, and cross the main part of the Tianmu Rd. intersection then IMMEDIATELY turn right onto a small, poorly marked road before passing any buildings or stores (it almost feels like you haven’t completely cleared the Tianmu Rd. intersection). You’ll see a 7-11 fifty yards ahead; go past that, veering slightly leftward, and you’ll see a bright pink sign. Just past that is G&G, on the south side of the alley.

G&G has some things Wellman’s either doesn’t carry or is sometimes out of, but also many of the same items. Today I saw filo, clotted creams (I don’t recall seeing either at Wellman’s*), turkey franks, beef franks, pepperoni, corn tortillas (Wellman’s is often out of those), English muffins, some decent breads, meats and cheeses, and Anchor Steam beer, among other things. I normally go to Wellman’s, but they were closed today, and open tomorrow.

*Edit: saw clotted cream at Wellman’s, March 2011