WCIF Chutney and Achar?

Sure, I know how to make my own, but does anyone know where to find chutney and achar in bottles, already made?

For convenience I like to keep a few jars handy. Preferably a variety of achars (mango, lime, cauliflower,carrot, eggplant, mushroom, etc.).

And you couldn’t PM me???

I thought you made your own. :blush:

I am a shitty cook and never learned a thing from the family ladies, so I have HUGE jars Jars of pickles given to me by family. However, I see most of them wil pass on soon enough so I plan to learn…chutneys, I do make and yet I have a few bottles of Achars, I would be happy to give you. Trinity ofcourse is your best bet, if you want to go through the buying route! :raspberry:

Yum, what kind of aatchars do you have? I LOVE mango as well as vegetable aatchar that we have in South Africa. The vegetable one has cauliflower and carrot mostly and is to die for, especially on hot, buttered home made toast with thin slices of gouda cheese!

The veggie one has a short shelf life. It is made easily, with vinegar, crushed mustard seeds, a bit of salt and sugar.

At home, we love love love homemade mango and we also have lime. I have store bought green chilli and a jar of this super spicy chutney my mom makes. SHe combines a lot of garlic, red hilli powde, a dash of salt and a lot of dessicated coconut. It is a dry powdery chutney that uplifts he tatse buds and palate.

The normal one that I make are just some coriander leaves, a sprig of mint, an onion, tomato, garlic, ginger ground to together to make a paste, with green chillies ofcourse. And if you don’t want it spicy, use peanuts instead. The peanut version is perfect for a cucumber/tomato sandwich.
Now I am missing mom, she is not a great cook, but she knows her condiments :lick:

i like the Aeroplane brand Mango pickle mainly because that is the only good one available in Taiwan…

back home I used to get it free coz come summer season I was in charge of breaking mangos and my friend’s mom a very very good cook (being Gujrathi making achars etc was flowing thru her blood) would then make all sorts of stuff for us!!

[quote=“jimipresley”]Sure, I know how to make my own, but does anyone know where to find chutney and achar in bottles, already made?

For convenience I like to keep a few jars handy. Preferably a variety of achars (mango, lime, cauliflower,carrot, eggplant, mushroom, etc.).[/quote]
Jimipresley, you can try Webspar. They usually stock Mrs Ball’s chutney and I’ve bought Packo Achar from them in the past. Their website is http://www.webspartaiwan.com/ or you can visit the store 台北縣永和市永和路二段147號4樓 (4F, No 147, Sec. 2, Yong He Rd, Yong He City, Taipei County). Their tel is 02-8660 1166.

[quote=“A-ha”][quote=“jimipresley”]Sure, I know how to make my own, but does anyone know where to find chutney and achar in bottles, already made?

For convenience I like to keep a few jars handy. Preferably a variety of achars (mango, lime, cauliflower,carrot, eggplant, mushroom, etc.).[/quote]
Jimipresley, you can try Webspar. They usually stock Mrs Ball’s chutney and I’ve bought Packo Achar from them in the past. Their website is http://www.webspartaiwan.com/ or you can visit the store 台北縣永和市永和路二段147號4樓 (4F, No 147, Sec. 2, Yonghe Rd, Yonghe City, Taipei County). Their tel is 02-8660 1166.[/quote]
Thank you! :thumbsup:

Pleasure is all mine. :slight_smile: