WCIF cottage cheese?

I tried Breeze Super, Wellcome, Costco and RT Mart, but haven’t had any luck in finding cottage cheese.

Any ideas where, either in Taipei or in New Taipei City, one might find cottage cheese?

It looks like P&P Food & Spices has it: pnpfood.com/product-detail-833611.html

They’re at 台北市中正區金門街9-14號.

Never bought from them, but here is another source: modernfoods.com.tw/

Here are their contact details:

台北總公司
合廣有限公司 CKC CO.Ltd.,
摩登富食品 MODERN FOODS
台北市大安區延吉街131巷12號1樓
電話:02-2741-6625
傳真:02-2741-6795

Make it yourself!

Hey, your name isn’t Dragonbones!

Hey, your name isn’t Dragonbones![/quote]

Easy, milk, lemon juice or vinegar, a pan, a spoon, a stove and gas, something to drain like the cloth they use to remove the liquid during tofu production. (Cheese cloth), a colander/strainer. :laughing:

1 Like

A ‘cottage cheese’ business would do well here. Refrigerated shipping around the island.
I’d put in a regular order.

It would be a cottage industry. :rainbow:

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. One is not that far from me. I’ll check it out soon.

Tried visiting CKC Modern Foods, but all I found was an apartment building. No shop front. Trying Jason’s.

It’s wholesale business with a warehouse probably somewhere in the sticks …

Have you tried Willie’s or Wellman’s in Tianmu?

I may try trekking out there when I have the time.

Edit: Sorry, it’s late, I read this as cream cheese.

Carry on, nothing to see here!

Went to Jason’s, no cottage cheese.

This may be a stretch…but it is relatively easy to make.

2%, or your choice and some lemon juice. Heat it, add the lemon. Strain it through a fine cloth and break up the curd. Salt it and add some milk back to it. BaddaBing, BaddaBoom.

2 Likes

I agree with everyone. It’s super easy to make. Also if you let it drain for a few more days, you can press it flat, cut it into cubes and pan fry it in ghee for fab paneer.

1 Like

Suddenly got an urge for cottage cheese. Has anyone seen it for sale anywhere lately?

How about making it?

Yes looks like I will end up making it. Any ideas where to buy suitable cheese cloth or muslin cloth?

A friend of me recommended this baking store
艾佳中和店
No. 14號, Lane 118, Yian Road, Zhonghe District, New Taipei City, 235

Excellent place, they had everything I needed and much more. Rainy day so perfect for staying in the kitchen. Made cottage cheese, also baked scones with the excess liquid. Highly successful day in the kitchen. Will definitely repeat.

1 Like