WCIF: Customized dress shirts at a good value (Taipei)

Is there a place you could recommend for customized dress shirts in Taipei? I’m also hoping to find a good value, as money isn’t abundant.

Situation: I am relatively tall, have relatively broader shoulders, and a relatively smaller waist. My waist isn’t tiny, but shirts that fit my shoulders will often have waists that are like sails.

Would you recommend having a shirt customized from the get-go, or to get a shirt modified?

You help is much appreciated

There are a few places in the basement of Howard Hotel. Prices are quite reasonable compared to the US.

I buy from tailors and then have them altered rather. It usually doesn’t take much to have it the same as a custom made shirt.

It really depends on budget and the quality of the fabric. Meaning you might be able to find good quality pre-made shirts ‘on sale’ and then put darts in the back to make it slimmer or adjust the sleeves.

Shangri-la Tailor is across the street from the Regent Hotel and has been around for ages. I must admit I have not been there in 5 yrs so call first to see if they really are still around. They speak english and I did both custom shirts and also had a suit altered. All great quality work.

They have lots of options in terms of fabrics (quality,color) and collar ect…so you should go there with something in mind. They do have samples of course but if you have a shirt that you love you can bring it in also and they can get an idea of what you want.

Pricing was very reasonable but it depends on the quality of fabric you choose obviously.

https://www.shangrila-tailor.com.tw/about_en.htm

1 Like

I get mine done at 豪伯登 in the basement of the Howard hotel. Expect to pay about $1500 for a shirt, depending in the quality of the fabric you choose.

They messed up the measurements the first time I got one made, but once they got it fixed I’ve had no problems since.