WCIF English versions of Windows XP or Vista 7?

Thanks in advance for your advice and help!

I know “somethings” about computers, but nothing too technical. I recently had a relative put together a new computer with Windows XP (Chinese version), everthing works great and it’s running strong. Since I have very limited Chinese reading and writing skills, I naturally asked for the English version, however, he was not able to get the program, so I thought I’d try to work around it. Well… it’s been really tough…haha. I was using Vista (Vista 7, I think, and I was quite used to it) and I wouldn’t mind using it again.

Should I try to find either XP or Vista 7 in English versions, or in worst case, try to find a new laptop WITH English versions pre-installed (if this is even available)

Any advice on what to do or where to find it is greatly appreciated! :pray:

I have a copy of WinXP 64 bit I can sell you. Legit code. Sells for about 200 bucks in the States (6000NT) since its so hard to find a legit copy, but of course I won’t shaft you like that :stuck_out_tongue: .

BUT your system has to be 64-bit compatible. You can tell me by about how old your computer is. PM me.

[quote=“ShreddyM”]I have a copy of WinXP 64 bit I can sell you. Legit code. Sells for about 200 bucks in the States (6000NT) since its so hard to find a legit copy, but of course I won’t shaft you like that :stuck_out_tongue: .

BUT your system has to be 64-bit compatible. You can tell me by about how old your computer is. PM me.[/quote]

How do you check for 64-bit compatibility?

You can download it from Microsoft. Do you have a valid, working .edu e-mail address? It’s 70$ or so for Windows 7 Pro using a university e-mail.

I don’t have an .edu e-mail address…I might just have to get a relative to buy it for me from the U.S. since she’s coming back to Taiwan next month…but if ShreddyM is selling it at a good price…:popcorn: