WCIF feta cheese?

I think Tesco is gone. It became Carrefour, no? I lost mine on San-Min Rd. in Taipei. I liked it for the variations in usual products.

I’d be surprised if Jason’s didn’t have some Feta offering.

Yes, it’s still there but is now a Carrefour. They still have a deli, but the lady behind the counter looks a lot like that Maytag repairman… lonely and yearning for the day a customer will ask her for something. :laughing:

Transplanted from other threads for your searching convenience:

[quote=“the chief in 2005”]Not vouching for any of this stuff being reasonably priced, but…
In addition to those already mentioned, feta can be had at the supermarket in B2 of Mitsoukoshi across from Warner Village.[/quote]

[quote=“AWOL”]feta in taiwan is overpriced. that said i found nice feta in those little tetra packs. was very tasty and well priced - @ breeze.

next time in hk go to city super and get them to pack it for you in the air tight sealed bags. lasts longer.[/quote]

And now some more up-to-date info: Many local supermarkets now carry small plastic boxes of feta, like the Matsusei near me in Donghu. Jason’s has it, of course, and you can get more reasonably priced five-packs of the same thing at Costco (total price NT$375, so only [color=#004080]$75 each[/color]), as well as larger single packages (currently in two different locations in the Neihu store, just FYI).

Edit: the Costo packs are Danish, Apetina brand, and are feta plus spices in oil; they each say 150g but it’s 90g of feta in 60g oil, or NT$833/kg for the feta itself.

Yesterday at Carrefour at Kaohsiung i saw a small package with tiny cubs of feta cheese and olives inside olive oil. I think it was by Arla… so little though.

Yeah, a friend gave me a few containers of those from Costco. Not bad.

There isn’t much in them, though, that’s for sure. One pack is barely enough to sprinkle on a pizza or salad.

I get 500g of Danish style feta for a good price. NT$250 .Really yummy stuff. In fact I’m gonna get me a piece now!

I get 500g of Danish style feta for a good price. NT$250 .Really yummy stuff. In fact I’m gonna get me a piece now![/quote]

Where did you get that good bargain??? I want to get some too!!!

I get 500g of Danish style feta for a good price. NT$250 .Really yummy stuff. In fact I’m gonna get me a piece now![/quote]

Where did you get that good bargain??? I want to get some too!!![/quote]

I get it through a friend who works for a big hotel. They buy the stuff in bulk, but are not actually permitted to sell it to the general public. If you want some, PM me and I MAY…MAY be able to organise you some.

in RT Mart in Neihu (the store next to Costco) at the cheese counter, but quite expensive (about 250 NT per 100 grs)

Fffffarkinell! That’s NT$2 500 per kg!!!

If anyone actually wants feta, I just saw some today, one container type pre-cut, for greek salads I guess from Oz…and another, block form, from…er the EU I think. The latter was about 950NT/kilo and the former was cheaper.

Pm me and I’ll give you the details.

Jason’s has the fairly-common Lemnos tetrapacks - 180g. Yesterday one pack cost 195NTD, which was on special - maybe 30NT off?

Right now it’s some kind of cheese month at Jason’s (or at least the Tianmu branch), so there are a few SMALL bargains (10-15% off) around. If you’re a Costco shopper I very much doubt it’s worth it.

When I go back to Canada in summer, I definitely go a little crazy with the cheese. Those pasta salads with feta become, well, feta salads with… I dunno. Maybe an olive or a couple of pieces of rotini. Oh, and a slice of red pepper for colour.

feta cheese is right next to the sour cream.

The Costco stuff in the small packs (x5), Apetina, works out to $833/kg drained.

I’ve got some fetid cheese in my fridge. Going for 10$/kg.

Sharp, cuzzie, sharp!

I recently tried that feta cheese that Cost Co sells in the small tub. The Authentic Greek one in brine, white containter. I’m really enjoying it in salads. Just wondering, properly refrigerated, how long does it keep? Anyone have any idea?

Hello k.k as long as you have it in the brine, it can last for long long time. But make sure your fridge works fine. Thank God for globalisation I will be here in Taiwan for long time, I cannot imagine my life without Feta haha.

It really depends on the fridge. In my fridge it would last no longer than 72 hours. :smiley: