WCIF Fitbit?

The Fitbit charge HR is 1500 NTD more on pchome than in Amazon.
Thata bloody annoying!

You sure it’s not the replacement strap?

PC Home is showing 5980NT for Charge HR.

http://www.pcstore.com.tw/expansys/M22536541.htm

It looks like some bricks and mortar shops are now selling Fitbit products. Carrefour’s got a promotional sale on for the next two weeks, but it’s hard to know what “sale” means when they’re new products and there’s no benchmark price to use as a standard.

Carrefour: http://www.carrefour.com.tw/search/site/Fitbit

Tsankuen or 3C or 燦坤 or big yellow box or whatever the heck it’s called: http://www.tkec.com.tw/search.aspx?q=fitbit&p=1

Neither store seems to stock the Flex 2 yet, although that’s still so new I guess it’s not a surprise.

Check the ChinaTrust financial building next to Nangang SW Park MRT. On the 2nd floor next to the Muji store is a kiosk that sells random electronics from hairdryers to fans. They sell the new Fitbit Charge 2, cost about $30-40 more than the US.

my gf got me the mi fit 2 for christmas and i’m obsessed with it. I think it’s actually pretty good for a Chinese tech product. It’s not the most sophisticated tech so it’s not like flying a Chinese made plane :scream: and they actually do a pretty good job consistently updating it and it’s got pretty good features for a good price.

I do wish i could wear it for boxing, not sure if I can maybe wrap my hand wrap over it.

1 Like

yeah I got a mi fit 1 in secret santa this year. Its surprisingly useful and unobtrusive. I like that it vibrates when I get a phone call; avoids missing calls because yr phone is buried in a day pack.

Yeah it’s cool that it can sync with apps like line and WhatsApp and Facebook so it vibrates. Really impressed with it.

1 Like

Xiaomi are so smart. Sell decent lifestyle tech at basically cost price, get a buzz going about your brand and raise the acceptance levels of buying more expensive technology items.

Loads of Taiwanese use the Mi Fit. Xiaomi managed to make Made in China, cool. That was unthinkable five years ago.

They want to get an ecosystem going so they can capture the customers data (according to CEO).
Their real difference is they invest in start-ups less than 50% and then use xiaomi as the sales channel. Quick time to market.
They are getting buried by Huamei and other phone makers so they’d better focus on other areas.
I would buy a xiaomi because I doubt the accuracy of all of these devices and therefore you are not getting a lot of value paying double for an American name brand. These devices are just giving your a very rough insight into your relative biological status day to day and week to week etc.

I would find it incredible annoying if the things beeped everytime I got a message!

1 Like

Super quick, they are a true lean business. They work with a lot of startups and ODM/OEM’s but they always keep control over IP. Dinosaurs like Acer are three steps behind.

Back on topic, does anyone know where I can find a Fitbit in Gonghua? No I don’t want a Mi they’re not waterproof.

I went here…

Competitive prices and factory warranty on all products.

They have a store near Guanghua Digital Plaza, at Bade Road.
I don’t know the exact address, but it’s between Jinshan North Road and Xinsheng South Road.

I think I know which store you’re talking about.

It’s in between the Lenovo and HTC store on the north side of Ba De, right?

I think that’s just a certified re-seller (just like the one I listed above), but prices could be a few hundred NT more…their rent is more expensive on the street than the small shops in the plaza. :wink:

Yes, I guess that’s the one.

At least you can see and try their different models. :wink:

I’m perfectly fine with my xiaomi. It’s simple and light. And just as accurate as anything out there.

I tried the Xiaomi before. But every time I moved my wrist, it lost the reading. I think it’s okay for using it daily, but I wouldn’t recommend it for practicing sports. It couldn’t handle even a short jogging…

The newest one? It worked fine for my workouts.

Is the “newest one” the Mi Band 2?
This is the one I tried.

Yeah, what were you doing that it couldn’t handle? I’ve logged in 6min miles, played full court basketball, played baseball, did my workouts and even boxed with it on a couple of times with no issues.