Wcif fresh mozzarella in Kaohsiung

You used to be able to get it at the Qian Zhen COSTCO near IKEA, but I was there last week and there was none in the fridge. Didn’t seem to be out of stock because there wasn’t even a produce tag on the shelf. It was extremely busy and I was in a rush so I didn’t try to find a shop assistant to ask but I don’t hold out much hope.

Anyone know of another source in the Kaohsiung area? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
bigsyd

Well, try the other Costco on the north side of town. I’ve seen it at both places. They may just be waiting for a new shipment. If so, they wouldn’t have the tags out, they would just use the space for something else. I think I’ve seen it at Jason’s. It’s actually pretty easy to make and you’ll save yourself a lot of money. Fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan or romano cheese, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste.

Thanks, I went back last week and they had it in stock again. Must have been as you suggested: they were waiting for another shipment. By way of clarification, it was mozzarella I was looking for, not pesto. I make pesto quite regularly but have never tried to make mozzarella at home. I did research it on the internet once. It seemed relatively easy in that there was no expensive equipment needed, but it seemed like a lot of effort for only a small reward so I scrapped the idea.

Thanks for your reply.

My local (well-stocked) Carrefour in Taipei often has it. Worth checking.