WCIF grapefruit juice!

For the love of god, is there no grapefruit juice to be found on this whole darn island? Not long ago you could buy it at most supermarkets. It certainly wasn’t as widely available as standards like orange and apple juice, but you could find it. Lately, nada, zip, zilch, nothing.

Costco has these big bottles of grapefruit juice cocktail mix, they are slightly sweet though IMO. 7-11 just recently began selling these real small bottles for $35 but they too are a blend mix, not the real thing. They might be my only choice right now. Carrefour and Matsusei used to carry it in boxed cartons, not refrigerated. It wasn’t the best but it did the trick. I was told at both locations they won’t be bringing it in anymore. Locals don’t like sour, I know.

Anyone know where else a guy can try? :pray:

Blood orange is kind of close.

There are also you-zi everywhere right now. Basically the same thing.

Was just going to say that Finley, you zi are damn tasty this time of year. Seemingly there are two types of youzi, the sour browner one is the one that will be closest to grapefruit. As the OP noted Taiwanese don’t go for the sour fruit as much so it’s harder to find.

Many fresh juice shops have grapefruit juice. You just have to get lucky and find one.

[quote=“k.k.”]For the love of god, is there no grapefruit juice to be found on this whole darn island? Not long ago you could buy it at most supermarkets. It certainly wasn’t as widely available as standards like orange and apple juice, but you could find it. Lately, nada, zip, zilch, nothing.

Costco has these big bottles of grapefruit juice cocktail mix, they are slightly sweet though IMO. 7-11 just recently began selling these real small bottles for $35 but they too are a blend mix, not the real thing. They might be my only choice right now. Carrefour and Matsusei used to carry it in boxed cartons, not refrigerated. It wasn’t the best but it did the trick. I was told at both locations they won’t be bringing it in anymore. Locals don’t like sour, I know.

Anyone know where else a guy can try? :pray:[/quote]
I thought I was the only one who noticed this.

From 2008 until about a few months ago I could find grapefruit juice without a problem, even at 7-11. Then suddenly–bam–it was gone, as k.k. mentioned.

I’m in Taoyuan, and I’ve been able to find grapefruit juice occasionally at Wellcome. It’s a far cry from when I could easily get it at Matsusei and most other stores in my area.

I still wonder what happened.

The South African juice brand CERES often has 100pct grapefruit juice. All their juices are excellent (but not cheap) . Look for places that sell CERES and they may have the grapefruit.

Inside a grapefruit?

Oooh? Am I the winner? I’d love a box of cigars and a bottle of cheap whiskey about now.

Write to Apple Daily and suggest that studies have found that grapefruit juice may help delay the start of Type 2 diabetes. Which is what iv read.

If it becomes a health drink, then it will be found all over the rock again.

It is already a health drink, as it is part of a Greyhound and a Sour Ginger.
:lick:

You can get it at some fruit and tea drink places as mentioned above.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]It is already a health drink, as it is part of a Greyhound and a Sour Ginger.
:lick:[/quote]

A Greyhound???

What are you, my MA???
Can I get you a Grasshopper???

We’re going to have to start calling you The DorothyParkerMan

Pretty much every one of those billion juice/bubble tea joints has it.
They make a grapefruit juice w/ green tea that is the cat’s ASS on a hot day.

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]It is already a health drink, as it is part of a Greyhound and a Sour Ginger.
:lick:[/quote]

A Greyhound???

What are you, my MA???
Can I get you Grasshopper???

We’re going to have to start calling you The DorothyParkerMan
[/quote]
I simply adore one or three Greyhounds in the early morning. Helps me get more done before 9 than you might get done all day.
As for the Dorothy Parker quip, I well would be so honoured.

I found the motherload! RT Mart in Nei-hu has grapefruit juice in the Tetrapak boxes. I bought eight. Felt like I was hoarding!

hurray !

was just thinking that if one can find it at all the drink shops, grapefruit juice must have found new popularity, rather then becoming unpopular. And all the drink shops are buying up all they can see.

Ahhhh! I miss the large cans of grapefruit slices in a bowl with a plate of sliced deli meats and cheeses AND a college football game. Alas. Cant find the slices here but, like others, I have seen the juice here and there but not a common item. In actuality, the juice left over from the slices went to a glass with vodka for the game. Some things just can’t be duplicated here. After all these years here, there are still some (but few) things I can’t find locally. Sliced grapefruit is one. Also Licorice candy - unless you want to suck on anise seed.

Was in two separate fruit markets on the weekend that were selling fresh grapefruit juice. Hint: look where they sell fruit. They may have grapefruit. Grapefruit juice comes from grapefruit.

There’s a lot of local blood-red grapefruit around now. Source of juice I imagine. Nice grapefruit.

Sadly my once bountiful supply of 100% real grapefruit juice has run dry. RT Mart seems to be out and I get the impression they aren’t going to re-stock it. :frowning:
The search goes on! I will not be denied!!

[quote=“urodacus”]Inside a grapefruit?

Oooh? Am I the winner? I’d love a box of cigars and a bottle of cheap whiskey about now.[/quote]

Quite often, the answer to a question is right there in front of your face. But it takes a genius to spot it.

And someone as audacious as Urodacus to point it out.