WCIF minced lamb?

[quote=“divea”]sorry DB. The mayfull place sounds neat. Will give it a try.

Chief, I can post a simple and easy recipe. :laughing:[/quote]

You can PM me, most of these clowns don’t merit the privilege. :wink:

ESPECIALLY the Frenchies!!!

Oh, no worries! :slight_smile: I’m just giving tips that will help you get better results from the search function in the future, as I realize it’s not particularly intuitive. We needed a WCIF minced lamb thread anyway, IMO. :smiley:

I wished you’d have asked before. I still have two kilos. Do you have any recipe that calls for ground lamb? :slight_smile: I’ll try anything.
I just don’t wanna do lamb burgers, a bit too easy.

Let’s start a separate thread for recipes using ground lamb. :lick:

If I buy 3 kilos can I sell you half of it??? I only need about 5oo gms for one pot full of Keema. :smiley:

I’m sure we could get a couple 'mosans to split stuff like this, yeah. Sounds like Igor has some frozen that he could part with too.

yep, I have 2 1/2 kilo left :eh:
in packs of 500 Grams

I can take 1 or 1 and a half off your hands. How do we o about it?

[quote=“the chief”]I bet you won’t find any.
BUT, Costco has this weird cut of boneless lamb that they sell, it’s sort of like a boneless cross cut of an upper shank.
It’s actually brilliant, I like to barbecue them, although that ends up being way too much lamb-ness for my local wife and half-local kid.
It’s really nicely marbled and all, I bet they’d throw it in the grinder for you.
'cos otherwise all you’re likely to find are overpriced frozen little lady-finger chops from NZ.

And then tell me what street corner I need to go to to pick up my Keemas… :lick:[/quote]

If it has too much lamb-ness try this: get some fresh rosemary, parsley and garlic and run it through your blender into a paste or, if you’re a cheap bastard like me, pound away in your mortar and pestil (salt & pepper to taste). Take the meat out of that stupid hair-net thing and unfold it. Whack it a couple of times with a cleaver or a frying pan to get the thickness approx. even. Coat it with the paste and grill over a medium hot fire. If your fire is too big and it burns but is not cooked in side, don’t worry, stick it in the oven for 5min.

You can make a nice blatjang to go with it by: slicing and frying until carmelised 2 yellow onions (or just one of thos huge Taiwan ones) then adding some raisins and dried apricots (cut up roughly or not) - sweat them several minutes and add some white vinegar and cook a bit till the juice thickens a bit, finally adding a big table spoon of apricot jam. Add some chopped fresh red or green chili’s for some heat and a dash of lemon juice just for fucks sake. Serve on the side

By PM, normally. :wink:

Mayful no longer carries minced lamb or minced mutton! :frowning: They have lamb chops (as does El Toro), lamb steak, thinly sliced lamb and cubed lamb, but no ground. I’m gonna have to buy myself a grinder one of these days. :s

Please post any current sightings of minced lamb – thanks!

The Halal butcher 5 min from Guting MRT station has minced something, but the guy didn’t know if it was lamb, sheep or goat when I was there last time around. He wasn’t the regular guy working there though. They also sell frozen beef liver, cuts of beef and whatever furry animals that all seem to go under the same name here…

Oddly enough, Carrefour in Xindian sells Ostrich mince and meat…

Oh and on the subject, where can one procure a mincer here, one of the metal hand cranked ones, not the crappy plastic ones I’ve seen online.

Thanks, Swede! As for the mincer, let’s start a WCIF thread on that, since I have begun looking too!

If you are in Muzha, there is a meat shop across the road from “全聯” (Chuan-Lian?) on 忠順街(Jung-Suen Street), east of Shin-long Road. They sell really tasty ground lamb and beef in small amounts. They also have legs of lamb, chops, steak, bagels, puffpastry cut in squares to make covers for pies, cans of beans, pickles, saukeraut, Mountain Dew, and other interesting things in amounts suitable for cooking in one or two meal lots.

I made spaghetti bolagnese for my kids with lamb and homemade sauce tonight. Not sure if you are supposed to use lamb but it was really popular here.

Google maps link please :smiley:

Are you saying you can’t find it from my directions? :laughing:

Here it is (I think you should see the little yellow guy at the right spot.)

Right, that just looks like any old shop… would never have guessed it was there…
Will have to try to find that place some day.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Mayful no longer carries minced lamb or minced mutton! :frowning: They have lamb chops (as does El Toro), lamb steak, thinly sliced lamb and cubed lamb, but no ground. I’m gonna have to buy myself a grinder one of these days. :s

Please post any current sightings of minced lamb – thanks![/quote]

Dragonbones; you are more than welcome to use the grinder at mr. sausage’s kitchen if you ever get a line on that lamb, I need some also so I can make all the feckin’ french the “mergaise” sausage i’ve been promising them [no idea how you spell that.
There is a scary looking old guy at the big market near the airport that sells goat meat on odd days of the week. :s could do for a goat vindalloo with extra chillis. :fume:

[quote=“mr. sausage”][quote=“Dragonbones”]Mayful no longer carries minced lamb or minced mutton! :frowning: They have lamb chops (as does El Toro), lamb steak, thinly sliced lamb and cubed lamb, but no ground. I’m gonna have to buy myself a grinder one of these days. :s

Please post any current sightings of minced lamb – thanks![/quote]

Dragonbones; you are more than welcome to use the grinder at mr. sausage’s kitchen if you ever get a line on that lamb, I need some also so I can make all the feckin’ french the “mergaise” sausage I’ve been promising them [no idea how you spell that.
There is a scary looking old guy at the big market near the airport that sells goat meat on odd days of the week. :s could do for a goat vindalloo with extra chillis. :fume:[/quote]
Merguez
Promises promises… :sunglasses:

Lovely offer, thanks! I may take you up on that before too long; we’ve been meaning to try your place sometime anyway.