WCIF Mochi / Cake decoration course?

anyone knows any short course that teach you how to make Mochi or cake decoration?
I’ve been looking around but they usually only teach you chinese dishes or cake making, not cake decoration.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I’m under the impression that some kind of classes are taught at the Minquan bridge baking store; I don’t know what kind, but you could start by asking there and at similar shops which sell the cake decoration supplies. :idunno: Hopefully someone else will have a better answer for you.

You might try Pantry Magic in Tienmu. They have offered courses in various things the last few months. A few classes were taught by a guy named Jack (I think). I went to the chocolate making class by him and it was good. They might be able to hook you up with him or have some other suggestions.

Pantry Magic
40 Shi Dong Road, Shi Lin, Taipei
台北市士林區士東路40號
Tel: (02) 2837 5589

I’ll be coming over at some point and could set up something with you, potentially. What sorts of decoration are you interested in? Not having a mixer will make it more difficult to do fondant or some of the nicer cooked butter creams, but it is not impossible.

it’s just the cake decoration i usually see at the cake shops around Taipei, the decorations look too good to be true :slight_smile:

[quote=“Dark Horse”]You might try Pantry Magic in Tienmu. They have offered courses in various things the last few months. A few classes were taught by a guy named Jack (I think). I went to the chocolate making class by him and it was good. They might be able to hook you up with him or have some other suggestions.

Pantry Magic
40 Shidong Road, Shi Lin, Taipei
台北市士林區士東路40號
Tel: (02) 2837 5589[/quote]

Thanks, I’ll try this one :smiley:

All or atleast the ones I frequent offer baking classes and cake decoration classes. I can’t take classes so I learnt, my stuff online. OOOh that reminds me, I need to do a thomas engine cake…