WCIF neti pot

Tried looking in some pharmacies, didn’t find one. It’s like a small tea pot that is used for cleaning sinuses with a salt water solution.

You probably could just use any small local clay teapot, as long as it’s clean.

I would try the health shops, but a self-made solution is fine. Could be cleaned with Iodine.

Homemade Netipot returns dozens of hits.

Anyone have any new ideas about where to find a neti pot other than online?

Seems like they would be in pharmacies.

You can get various types of sinus rinsing devices in most local pharmacies, never seen the neti pot brand though. iHerb have NeilMed kits which work well if you do decide to buy online, check the various different options for best value.

Careful with those. Overuse can make things even worse than before.

1 Like

None medicated saline should be fine to use often if someone really needs it.

I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to use saline. Definitely not just regular water. But irrigating the nasal passages with saline too much can affect the mucus lining of your nose and make it even more prone to infection. So it’s not wise to use the neti pot for longer than a few weeks at a time without a break. Hopefully it doesn’t take that long for the problem to go away — if it did, I’d just ditch the pot and head to the doctor’s anyway.

I think distilled water is also ok. Might even be better and less irritating than saline.

What is this thing? Some super power neti?

Edit: Found it.

I still haven’t bought or tried a neti pot but it’s a goal. Trying this Otrivin Sea Water Nasal Spray. It’s under pressure so really gets up there. Anyone tried this?