WCIF places to skateboard in Taipei?

Hello. I am new to Taipei and am trying to find some good places to skateboard.

I’ve already done a search - yes, a newbie actually searched before posting a new thread - and found a few places (Yuanshan MRT Station: skatepark behind the football stadium (closed/underconstruction); Ximen MRT Station: Zhongshan Hall & the STD clinic).

Please list any places in Taipei city/county where you have seen people regularly skateboarding at or any skateparks that you have encountered.

Thanks for your input!

P.S. I am posting under “Living in Taiwan” instead of “Sports” because I view skateboarding as a lifestyle rather than a sport, and I am calling on everyday people, who may not be in to sports - and therefore fail to view the “Sports” forum - to provide me with input. I hope this is OK.

There are two areas at Yuanshan, seperated by a car parking area. The wooden halfpipes have been deteriorating for years because there was no maintenance … screws were coming out and the boards were getting seriously warped. Some parts had just rotted away totally. Are they finally going to replace these or just build something else?

The other area is bigger with a range of concrete quarterpipes and rails, used mostly by kids on bikes. Can’t believe they closed that area down as well.

There is an indoor place with wooden ramps at Taimall, but it’s full of ankle-biters on inline skates and I doubt they’d let an adult actually have any fun there. Skateboarding is just “too dangerous” for Taiwanese, so there’s really no facilities here. There’s hardly a sidewalk in the city that has a skateable surface.

Zhongshan Hall is good and there’s a winding concrete park between Zhongshan MRT and Shuanglian MRT that has potential to be a great place to tool around, but the surface is those little square tiles make you feel like you are skating on a washboad.

Do let us know know if you find any hidden gems.

There is a stakepark area in the neihu sports park. There are quarterpipes, rails, etc. and it is in good condition.

The street section at the Yuanshan skatepark is dilapidated beyond use. The halfpipe section looks decent but each time I’ve been there it was all locked up. I’m not 100% sure if it is closed or not.

Thanks for the Neihu info. I’ll check it out next week.

I’ve also heard there is a skatepark in Shilin (30 NT fee?), but I’m not sure of the exact whereabouts. Anyone know where it is?

Just to second that the Neihu Sports Park is quite new, and rarely seems crowded. I never took a close gander at the skate area 'cause its not my thing, but it is there.

There’s always kids playing on skateboards outside the main entrance to Taida at Gongguan.

hi all,

this topic seems to be a little old…(like me… hehe) but…i’m also looking for a good skatepark in taipei…
i used to go to neihu sports park a few times, but just recently, they had the place stripped down for renovation ( i guess, & i hope)… i don’t read chinese, but seems to be they’d finish by today. (6/30)…or i maybe wrong.

how about this shulin area, how can i get there from TRA station?

i saw the taichung skatepark & also in kaohsiung, but haven’t been there, just seen a few photos on the net.
the taichung skatepark looks really radical, but i’ve been out of the league for a long time…so i would need to warm up a little longer.

your replies are appreciated

thanks in advance, br & God bless

[quote=“inot1105”]hi all,

this topic seems to be a little old…(like me… hehe) but…i’m also looking for a good skatepark in taipei…
i used to go to Neihu sports park a few times, but just recently, they had the place stripped down for renovation ( i guess, & i hope)… I don’t read chinese, but seems to be they’d finish by today. (6/30)…or i maybe wrong.

how about this shulin area, how can I get there from TRA station?

I saw the Taichung skatepark & also in kaohsiung, but haven’t been there, just seen a few photos on the net.
the Taichung skatepark looks really radical, but I’ve been out of the league for a long time…so I would need to warm up a little longer.

your replies are appreciated

thanks in advance, br & God bless[/quote]

yeah they have rebuilt the boards in neihu sports park. should be good to go today. unfortunately the overbridge to the river is also being rebuilt and is not finished yet.

cool… i would go to neihu then. this sat. \m/

br & God bless