WCIF Prilosec OTC or Zantac?

I really need my over the counter heartburn medicine. I forgot to bring a stockpile from the US, so now I am hurting most nights. I got some liquid stuff from cosmed, but it is not what I need.

If I can’t find it, or something similar here, I will have to have my parents ship me a whole bunch.

So anyone?

I use Omeprazole (Omelon). One capsule per day and you NEVER get heartburn. Available OTC from most pharmacies in Taiwan.

Ranitidine (Zantac): Taiwan brand name :Vesyca

There is a local equivalent to Zantac, I got it by bringing the empty Zantac pack to a local pharmacy, guy knew exactly what it was. Sorry I’m no longer in Taiwan so don’t have the brandname or pack. It worked just as well.

I used to rely on Zantac, acid-control and acid-reducers a few years ago and would stock up while in Canada on holidays before getting back to Taiwan. Couldn’t do without it. I don’t drink much beer anymore and have lost weight through daily exercise and my stomach acid problems have pretty much gone away. I realize that’s not the case for everyone though.

Ask a pharmacist here for Ranitidine or Famotidine. That’s what is usually in one or the other of the antacid medications.

I usually get my medication at the Shanghai Pharmacy, Hengyang Rd., No. 32, between Boai and Zhongxin, next intersection after Friday’s. Very reasonable prices, good stock of western stuff.

Other good one is Tianmu Pharmacy. section 6, across from El Gallo.

[quote=“jimipresley”]I use Omeprazole (Omelon). One capsule per day and you NEVER get heartburn. Available OTC from most pharmacies in Taiwan.

Ranitidine (Zantac): Taiwan brand name :Vesyca[/quote]

Thanks everyone for the advice, I’m going to have my girlfriend pick up some Omeprazloe (Omelon) for me.

Is that curry offer still on the table?