WCIF Sausage/Taylor Ham+Egg+Cheese on a bagel/roll/sandwich

Hi all,
Coming from New Jersey, I have grown up eating taylor ham+egg+cheese as well as sausage+egg+cheese on a bagel/roll.

Every once in awhile I have a huge craving for this awesome breakfast sandwich and McDonald’s sausage egg mcmuffin does not fill the void. Anyone know where I can find the one thing I miss from home in Taipei/New Taipei?

have you tried making it yourself ? I know that costco sells bagels. it’s possible that they might sell the sausages too. not sure.

You made me search for ‘Taylor ham’, and the description I found compares it to SPAM. I believe you can get SPAM here. You can certainly get low-quality ham (e.g. Futong, at local supers and Costco) and better stuff (high end delis at Breeze Super, City Super, Jason’s etc.). Same goes for fake and real cheese. And bagels. Heck, a search will probably reveal at least one thread on each ingredient.

That’s what I thought, but it might not be quite the same. More like re-formed ham, perhaps. This is available in tins from the usual suspects (City Super etc).

If spam is an adequate substitute, the OP might like to try Vietnamese eateries. Bet they do a french-bread sandwich with spam and whatnot.

All supermarkets sell minced pork, so another possibility (as per nonredneck’s suggestion) would be to make your own patties.

I found a similarity to Taylor Ham with out eating Spam (pig parts)
I buy the canned corned beef at any Philly store. It’s cheap and a hell of a lot better than Spam.
I use the store near Minquan MRT. Go out exit 10 by elevator. Walk straight to the light and cross. Turn left. Pass Florida Bakery, a little shopping here is a good idea, keep going about 5 minutes and you will find two Philippine grocery stores. You will find many common items that are hard to find elsewhere.

BTW, if you want a good deli sandwich, not sure about bagels, but try Willie’s Deli. (online) Buy your bagels at Florida Bakery and go to Willie’s. More than accommodating.

There’s a reason in Jersey they don’t say a spam and egg sandwich.

So people actually eat spam? Always thought it looked too much liked canned dog food.

Yeah, it says “people have compared it to”, not that it actually tastes like SPAM.
They say the same thing about bologna, but I don’t think it tastes much like that, either.

I used to go out with a chick from Jersey, so I know about it.
Pretty sure the closest we would have had growing up was the cold cut/sandwich meat called Chopped Ham Loaf.

So people actually eat spam? Always thought it looked too much liked canned dog food.[/quote]

Never been to Hawaii, obviously.

WTF is that? :slight_smile:

Lunch, if you want to grow up to be this dude:

I found the closest thing for breakfast… forgive the horrible incoming mandarin attempt:

Haw-tway-don-bean-toots-eh cheezah ( its basically on toasted bread instead of the burrito wrap)
it comes with fine chopped cucumber, egg, cheese, and ham. It’s pretty damn good.

or

it’s basically: ham, egg, and cheese wrapped in a soft burrito: 2 choices.
Haw -tway- don - bean -cheezah
or
Haw-tway-don-bean ( no cheese).

I feel your pain, brah.

you do realise you’ve been asking for a rabbit screwdriver, right? :smiley:

Well, the last thing anyone needs is a loose rabbit.

Screw her up pronto!

Very funny, doesnt sound anything close to rabbit in mandarin… since my girls nickname is small rabbit. ( sow tutsan)
waiting for the even funnier retort to this… goddamn is forumosa just full of douchenozzles. Why do I even bother coming to this site… Im better off on 4chan’s /trv/ section.

[quote=“downtownandrew”]I found the closest thing for breakfast… forgive the horrible incoming Mandarin attempt:

Haw-tway-don-bean-toots-eh cheezah ( its basically on toasted bread instead of the burrito wrap)
it comes with fine chopped cucumber, egg, cheese, and ham. It’s pretty damn good.

or

it’s basically: ham, egg, and cheese wrapped in a soft burrito: 2 choices.
Haw -tway- don - bean -cheezah
or
Haw-tway-don-bean ( no cheese).

I feel your pain, brah.[/quote]

Thanks for the input, you mind sharing where you got this breakfast burrito?

Very funny, doesnt sound anything close to rabbit in Mandarin… since my girls nickname is small rabbit. ( sow tutsan)
waiting for the even funnier retort to this… goddamn is forumosa just full of douchenozzles. Why do I even bother coming to this site… Im better off on 4chan’s /trv/ section.[/quote]

Yeah, finley, you big fat douchenozzle.

Yeah, lately I have been asking myself the same question.

Actually some of these guys are really funny, like earlier in this thread were they are taking about Spam like people actually eat it, and actually showing it on the plate. Ha ha, everybody knows it’s canned dog food.

It’s all about the ham

[quote=“ranlee”]

Thanks for the input, you mind sharing where you got this breakfast burrito?[/quote]

Any of those morning breakfast places should be able to make this… I would just observe or go with a local. Lunch time too, hell even dinner.
Because I really dont think you want to travel to exactly where I go for this… when it can be easily found in allot more convenient places.

I think he’s just talking about danbing - 火腿蛋餅 (ham, um, danbing; lots of dictionaries translate this as “egg pancake”, but I just prefer to call it a danbing). I like them, but calling them a burrito would be something of a stretch.

Then again, they do also claim that the breakfast hanbao are hamburgers, so maybe it’s not much of a stretch at all.