WCIF sour cream?

Haha. I’ve just noticed the second half of this thread.

My left plum is very sore still, but rubbing some “dairy produce” on it has helped.
Dragonbones, thanks for admitting it was not me that criticised Napoleonite. If only that info had reached Sandman on time.

Anyway, this all reminds me of a class joke about the guy that goes to the doctor and says “Doctor. I’ve got a strawberry stuck halfway up my arse”, to which the doc replies “Hold on, I’ve got some cream you can put on that.”

I buy tubs from my local wellcome’s monthly. always in stock - well has been for me. :laughing:[/quote]

Which Wellcome? Can you tell us the package size and cost please? Thanks! :rainbow:[/quote]

I’m still wondering where this Wellcome with sour cream is…

sorry… muzha. i havent bought it for a month or so… and i cant recall price exactly.

Just a note: the “where can I find sour cream” thread is in the Food Forum here.

Speaking of which, Costco has 3 lb tubs of it for NT$289.

Hey, thanks! I was wondering that myself. But why would you want a 3 lbs tub? It’d take quite a while to go through all that. Wouldn’t it, you know, go sour or something? :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Everything they SELL is Dolly Parton sized, you know. Or John Holmes, if you prefer.

Normal-sized can be found in City Super. Various brands. And, god help my cholesterol, creme fraiche.

ok

got the scoop.

wellcome receives a lot of surplus stuff from hong kong time to time. tim tams, cadbury choc etc. sour cream WAS one of the them as well.

jasons NOW stocks tubs of sour cream but fro some reason wellcome no longer does or ‘can’ (whatever that means).

jasons has sour cream in 200ml tubs for NT$150 if my terrible memory serves correctly. i have no idea what brand costco sour cream is but the stuff from jasons is from either nz or oz.

Wow, price drop, cool! Glad I’m heading that way Monday. Making lots of cheesecakes and Kahlua cakes is pricey when I have to buy the smaller tubs :slight_smile:

4/3/06: Went to Costco last night, and the 3 lb tub was $369. Still a decent price compared to the 8 oz. ones at anywhere from $120-$150 in the grocery stores.

But, the real question is, has anyone found Ben & Jerry’s ice cream? I’d kill for Cherry Garcia.

costco
jason’s

Obtaining sour cream can be a bit of a bugger and an expensive one at that. I found that a much cheaper alternative, and just as tasty, was philadelphia cream. Mix in with the food just as it is or break it down with some water to make a sauce. Goes well with chicken, mushroom and basil pasta. Of course, the flavour becomes better if left overnigt. YUM!

Supermarket at B2 Mitsukoshi, Nanjing West road, saw it there yesterday. Didn’t check the price.

Wellman’s on Chung Shan Road North Section 6 has all 3. The sour cream is a bit pricey but worth every drop.
The store is right across from Jake’s Country Kitchen, which does a great all day breakfast.

Where are the tubs of Daisy (or any other brand) sour cream??

Not at Costco (NeiHu), not at Welcome, not at Green Sogo’s City Super. I don’t remember seeing any at Breeze Super (FuXing/ZhongXiao).

RT Mart? Carrefour? Jason’s?

I need it in Taipei, but if anyone has seen it in Taichung or in Chiayi, that would work too.

In Costco Neihu they didn’t have, but Costco Yonghe had them.

City Super in Far East Hotel had 4 small ones. Pity no cheaper -and tastier- French brand anymore.

Jasons’ Panchiao had 4, too.

Never seen it in Carrefour or RT Mart.

Check Wellman’s or G&B in Tianmu.

Don’t tell me we are at a shortage of this basic staple. :cry:

thanks, icon. i was totally bummed on saturday when it was nowhere to be found. i’ll head over to the City Super…i hope there is one left!

:+)

Saw it last night at the grocery store in the basement of Far Eastern Hotel on Dun Hua Nan Lu. I think they even had a “Light” version.

[quote=“ichbinjenny”]Where are the tubs of Daisy (or any other brand) sour cream??

Not at Costco (Neihu), not at Welcome, not at Green Sogo’s City Super. I don’t remember seeing any at Breeze Super (Fuxing/ZhongXiao).

RT Mart? Carrefour? Jason’s?

I need it in Taipei, but if anyone has seen it in Taichung or in Jiayi, that would work too.[/quote]

They usually have it in Jason’s. It took me forever to find too:)

Saw Daisy’s? light sour cream in the Taipei Station Jason’s the other day.