WCIF sour cream?

The DIY baking store in Zhonghe always has sour cream and Mascarpone (much cheaper than the sour cream at Breeze or the Mascarpone at Carrefour). I saw them last Friday.[/quote]

Yep, the baking stores always have, but only the smaller tub, AFAIK. The big tub I’ve only seen in Costco.

The DIY baking store in Zhonghe always has sour cream and Mascarpone (much cheaper than the sour cream at Breeze or the Mascarpone at Carrefour). I saw them last Friday.[/quote]

Yep, the baking stores always have, but only the smaller tub, AFAIK. The big tub I’ve only seen in Costco.[/quote]

The tubs I’m thinking of are about a litre. Is that a small tub?

Yep, the baking stores always have, but only the smaller tub, AFAIK. The big tub I’ve only seen in Costco.[/quote]

The tubs I’m thinking of are about a litre. Is that a small tub?[/quote]

The one I’m thinking is costco.com/Browse/Product.as … lang=en-US

The little one is the one found in Jason’s, City Super.

I did not see any at the Neihu Costco half an hour ago. They had Mascarpone btw, $195 for 500g.

The Minquan bridge DIY baking store (Yixing) was out, but Dragonbabe said she saw someone unloading a case marked sour cream there as we were leaving. Call first if you want to confirm availability and price at Yixing: 2760-8115

Muchas thank you. At the rate this is going, my diet is still on a safe road, no temptations worthy of breaking it. No sour cream easily available. :frowning:

Costco $145 for like 2 liters. Its really good too! You’ll be swimming in it.

Take a cup of cream (you know those boxes of whipping cream) and add a few drops of lemon juice and stir. Let sit for a half hour or a few hours in the fridge. And now you can play havoc with your diet…try it a few times and play around with hw much of lemon juice you want to put in the cream.

…when available… when available…

BTW, I already do not like the taste of the “homemade” sour cream they sell in the ol’ country. Tried like 5 different brands and they were all yucky. Spoiled I am with that bland, tasteles, Aussie glorious stuff. :wink: Reminds me of The Blob.

I get mine at the sour cream market.
Ona more serious not, do a search for P and P food and spice. Last I saw, they had the small containers.
I usually get mine at COSCO and although oversized, I divide it up and put a few dribbles of lemon juice in the smaller container and cover tightly with plastic wrap. It will at least double the shelf life if properly refrigerated. While at COSTCO, better buy a 10 pound bag of spudes. Me think you might need them.

Carrefour has small tubs of ‘crème fraîche épaisse’ which is basically French-style sour cream. You might not want it for your Mexican food or dips, but it works great for soups, baking, etc. The plus is that you can buy small tubs.

It’s on sale at Costco now. I got a 3 pound tub for 90 NT!

Funny, I was at City Super later and they were selling 1 pound containers from the same brand for 190 NT!

City Super stocks it. 145NT for 200gms.

Costco has the best buy. Also, can make a smaller quantity by using a small carton of cream and stir in a couple of tablespoons of good quality sugar free yogurt and then let on the counter for 12 hours or so.

4 Likes