WCIF steel wool or wire wool?

can anyone figure out where one might find high grade steel wool (kind of like an S.O.S pad but much less abrasive). i’ve already been to B&Q, the local hardware stores, the DIY district and no one has even the coarse kind.

grateful for any leads!

I looked for weeks off and on for this item too. Never did find any. I had some fine polishing to do. I ended up using that gritty toothpaste (the yellow tube with the guy in a top hat) and a pair of worn out nylons. Worked VERY well. I used a toothbrush to get into the really tight areas.

good idea. i’ll try that, thanks!

Good afternoon, all. Has anyone seen wire wool for sale in Taipei? I’ve seen the stuff with added soap (Brillo pads), but I just want the bare wool.

Like this: altecweb.com/home.asp?cat=Dr … 0&rf=frgus

Thanks

Sorry, I was going to do a search, but that doesn’t seem to be an option while on the prosilver interface. Thanks for merging this. If no-one knows where to buy this stuff, can anyone tell me how to say it in Chinese?

Thanks.

No prob. But even in Prosilver there’s a search box at the upper right, with an advanced search option just like now. I just switched over to Prosilver and including that switch it took all of 10 seconds to get this:
search.php?keywords=steel+wool&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=25&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Weird, how come I didn’t see that? Ha. What a big eejit. Oh wait, I remember now. I was trying to find that “search before you start a new thread” thing that you get in the normal interface.

So anyway… can anyone help me say this in Chinese? I might try the local tool shop at lunch.

Save this link; it’s really useful!
nciku.com/

Now type in steel wool, and you get not only characters but even pinyin with tones! :sunglasses:

gang1 si1 mian2
and
gang1 si1 rong2

There’s never any guarantee that these nciku results will be the colloquial Taiwan versions instead of something from a mainland dictionary or something obsolete, but in this case the wee wifey approves both.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Save this link; it’s really useful!
nciku.com/

Now type in steel wool, and you get not only characters but even pinyin with tones! :sunglasses:

gang1 si1 mian2
and
gang1 si1 rong2

There’s never any guarantee that these nciku results will be the colloquial Taiwan versions instead of something from a mainland dictionary or something obsolete, but in this case the wee wifey approves both.[/quote]

Thanks.

Next, google for Ruten and input the Chinese terms there to find online sellers of steel wool.
e.g. goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?11081203615839
Next, have lovely wife help you purchase it online.