WCIF: Swim lessons/instructor for my 6yr old? (one on one)

She has had very limited pool exposure from the US (with her arm-floaties on). Needs to learn from the basics, floating, holding breath etc. She understands basic Mandarin instructions. We are in Da’An Park area but can travel if pool is near MRT or maybe bus route. Thanks!

Any pool / sports center will have swim instructors, ask around your place and see if they English speaking ones.
In tianmu, ke qiang swimming pool has 2 English speaking teachers. But not sure if its convenient for you to get there (zhishan mrt)

go to 師大 swimming pool at main campus on Hoping East Road.
The PE students teach swimmimg one-on-one.
Ask at the desk for details.
That’s close to you.
Next, try the YMCA out by Sungshan station.
They have classes for all kinds of levels, from very very beginners, to lap swimming.

My son was about 5yo (2 years ago) when he learned to swim. We were concerned his not being able to swim would put him at the back of the class at Kangqiao where we were enrolling him later in the year so we over prepared by organizing a swimming group with 5 of his buddies from xiaoban (nursery school). He did well (i.e., he liked it) so we supplemented his group sessions with 1-on-1s. Instead of being at the back of the class, he ended up being the most advanced and confident swimmer.

We were living in Daan District at that time and found a swimming coach the National Taiwan University of Education (Teacher’s College) on Hoping W Road near Fuxing S Road - close to Technology Building MRT Station. Our son’s teacher’s name was Apple (a male coach).

If you walk in from the main gate of the college on Hoping, head to the pool at the far back corner. There is a way to enter from Fuxing, too. Enter the pool building and just work things out with the counter right there. We paid NT$1,200 for an hour long session for the 1-on-1 and it was handled by the gym, not the coach. We would prepay 10 sessions at a time. We do not recall how much the group class was.

I hope this helps

You guys are so nice, my dad just pushed me into the pool to learn.

lucky a pool and not during a fishing expedition for marlin

Thanks all for the suggestions! We did find a public pool today near DaAn Park by the Junior High School on Jianguo South Rd sec 2. They have lessons with groups of 4-6 small learners for $2000nt for 5 days of 80 min lessons. We signed up for the next avail week which was 7/15. Also if anyone else is interested they did have 1-1 instruction for $10000nt for 5 lessons.