WCIF the best prices for TVs / cheapest televisions?

Trying to buy a new 32’’ TV for my living room. I want a flat screen obviously, probably LCD, and definitely HD. It would be a Japanese or Korean brand. Any idea where I can find the best prices?

I bought a 42-inch Panasonic late last year from RTMart, which was by far the cheapest we found.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19083

I don’t think that thread from SIX years ago will be much help to him.
49000 for a 27"! :astonished:
How the times have changed.

Right now there are sales on teh Panasonic, actually bigger the cheaper, seems they will change to 3D. Check local supermarkets.

Samsung already has the 3D’s on display. :astonished: Not that outrageously expensive as I’d thought.
49 actually, If I’m nost mistaken.

RT-Mart
Costco

I don’t think that thread from SIX years ago will be much help to him.
49000 for a 27"! :astonished:
How the times have changed.[/quote]

Sorry, I was just identifying an existing ‘cheapest place to find TVs?’ thread in case the moderator wanted to merge them. Even if prices and sizes have changed, the answer might be the same electronics market, after all. :idunno:

About 5 months ago I paid 9999 for a RANSO 27" LCD at RT Mart. Or maybe it was 29". Have to check. RANSO sounds nasty but for 9999 it’s a pretty decent TV.

shopping.pchome.com.tw/?mod=area … =AFAA&BB=E

May not give you the absolute best price, but will give you a good ball-park figure of the prices to expect at Tsann Kuen, Best etc…

I went around a lot today, and Carrefour seemed to have the lowest prices (not by much compared to other supermarkets). It also had the largest range of unheard of TV brands lol.

I’m guessing most TVs are now LCD. These Samsung LED are looking pretty sweet.

Well, I think the thing these days is that you should look for value adds, such as built in media players, 120/240Hz, extra sockets (if needed) and what not, as between the local brands you won’t see much difference in terms of quality.

LED backlit is the new-ish thing and BenQ just launch a range of new sets with LED back lighting, although they’re not cheap. Samsung’s LED backlit sets are sweet, really thing and great picture quality, but they also come with a price tag to match…

The 3D TV’s, well… if you’re planning to use them with a PC with Nvidia graphics and Nvidia’s 3D glasses, then supposedly any 120/240Hz TV will do, the other stuff is more custom and requires you to ask around. The PS3 only works with Sony Bravia TV’s for example and Microsoft has some deal in Korea with LG, but afaik the Xbox 360 should work with any TV that comes with 3D glasses.

I really don’t want any of that 3D crap.

Like you said, I’m looking now for how many HDMI ports it has, and all that.

LG has a very decent range of LCD TVs for a good price.

Look at this on Amazon: amazon.com/gp/product/B0039RRCFM
That looks good. And if you check, they’re having a 25% discount on that these days.
I’ve never really bought anything online. Can you buy it and get it delivered to your door in Taiwan?

Not from Amazon, but PCHome delivers…

Some TVs also come with DVB-T or even HiHD as standard, if you want some additional crappy channels as long as you’re willing to install an aerial…

By the by, I’d really consider a 37-incher if I was you, 32 is tiny when it comes to LCD TVs.
This maybe? shopping.pchome.com.tw/?mod=item … 12&ROWNO=6

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]Not from Amazon, but PCHome delivers…

Some TVs also come with DVB-T or even HiHD as standard, if you want some additional crappy channels as long as you’re willing to install an aerial…

By the by, I’d really consider a 37-incher if I was you, 32 is tiny when it comes to LCD TVs.
This maybe? shopping.pchome.com.tw/?mod=item … 12&ROWNO=6[/quote]

Precisely the model I was looking at :smiley:

A pity they don’t seem to have the 550 series in Taiwan.