WCIF the clothing shops that used to be on Wenzhou Street in Taipei City?

Many moons ago (like 20 years ago) there were a number of great clothes stores on Wenzhou Street, close to Heping E. Road, selling surplus export stuff in western sizes. Last time I went there only one survived, so where have they all gone to? Did they move to another spot, or did they just cease to exist?

Believe it or not, but I just opened the last sealed button-down shirt which I purchased on Wenzhou Street 20 years ago. Yes, I have grown in the last 20 years, but not that much that I cannot still wear it.

1 Like

金秋商場
106大安區大安路一段61號
02 2772 0474

King Cheu Store

Sells brand clothing at ridiculously cheap prices compared to what you have to pay in US or other western countries.

There is also a clothing store on Jinshan S. Rd. right near the Mormon Temple between Roosevelt and Hsinyi on the right-hand side as you’re heading north (I think the closest cross-street is Jinhua if memory serves). They have export stuff in large (including very large) sizes. It was still there in February at least.

I also recall a larger sizes store in Gongguan – walk into Gongguan along the lane with the Starbucks on the corner and it’s on the same side of the lane as the Starbucks. Sorry for the very old-school foreigner directions, I’m not in Taiwan and never had need for the addresses.

There are also still a few of these guys on the east side of Dunhua North Road, just north of Zhongxiao East Road.

Happy hunting!

Guy

I recommend this one in Xindian. Brand names straight from the factory.

來自台灣 Outlet Store
No. 2, Jianguo Road, Xindian District, New Taipei City, 231
02 2911 0360

https://goo.gl/maps/P78KVhN3Sx82

Foreigner sizes of course. Not just t-shirts and jeans.

Yeah, I was already afraid that these shops would have spread out. Thanks for all the suggestions. It would be impossible to visit them all in one day next time I’m in Taipei, but I’ll check them out one by one.