WCIF these flowering plants?

I’ve seen those hot pink sprays of flowers bursting out of the windowsills of Taiwanese apartments ever since I was little without ever being able to find out what kind of flowers they are. Now that I have my own big windowsill to put plants on, I would really like to get some of those pink flowers, but I need their name. Anyone know it?

I’m also fond of 七里香 and wonder if that would be possible to cultivate in a windowsill, but I have no idea where to obtain that unless I just grab a cutting off the next shrub I see by the side of the road.

Aside from these two, what are some other flowering plants I could get that are, uh, difficult to kill? I’m still new to gardening and not very confident in my ability to keep things alive…

Finally, are there any other good plant nurseries around aside from the Jianguo weekend flower market? I’m in the Songshan area of Taipei.

There’s one by Costco in Neihu

https://www.atoddlerintaipei.com/single-post/2017/08/25/Taipei-Wholesale-Flower-Market

Some others

http://city543.com/taipei/2015/04/24/taipei-best-flower-markets/

The Wenlin market is no more though unfortunately, though they say some vendors moved to Chengde road across from the kiddie park.

1 Like

Bougainvillea?

1 Like

turned out to be a type of poor man’s rose. rhododendron rose, I think? rambler rose? something like that…I only know the Chinese name now.

Thanks all for the suggestions. I visited Neihu’s flower market today and it was a wonderful way to spend the morning. I got myself some of those pink flowers I’ve been looking for, the jasmine shrub I’ve been looking for, and a bonus hibiscus. I’ll definitely be going back for more one of these days.

can you post pictures?

also, did you keep them in different pots than the ones they came in?

I haven’t repotted them; for now I’m just going to get some prettier external pots to place them in. I’ll repot them to bigger pots as they grow, though.

IMG_0366 IMG_0365 IMG_0368

1 Like