WDA, Ministry of Labor - do they return submitted documents if requested?

I’ll be visiting their office in Zhongzheng this Friday, but I could use any information in advance so I’m asking here.

Question: Has anyone had any success in requesting for documents which was submitted as part of the work permit application to be returned back to you?

Here’s the situation:

1. My company got my work permit through EZ Work (WDA/MOL) around 2 years ago.
  2. As part of the requirements, I had to submit my diploma and transcripts.
  3. I got the work permit.
  4. None of the documents I submitted were returned to me.
  5. Now, it seems like I’ll be needing my diploma and transcripts, the apostille and authentication would be nice too.

I’m aware I could just go and ask someone back at home to get another copy of my transcripts and diploma but this is a very

lengthy and complicated process which involves a ton of bureaucracy
  1. I would need to get a Special Power of Attorney in Taiwan (I don’t even know where to begin)
  2. This SPA has to be authenticated by notarized by the Local District Court or Notary Public
  3. This SPA then has to be authenticated by MOFA.
  4. This SPA would then have to be notarized by my country’s de facto embassy in Taiwan.
  5. Then whoever has the SPA has to go to my university and get my diploma/transcripts.
  6. Then my diploma/transcript has to be authenticated by our ministry of education.
  7. Then this has to be sent to the foreign affairs office to get an Apostille.
  8. And finally I have the documents I need.

So as you can see, the easiest way to get this would be to just hope that the WDA/MOL keeps these documents and that they’re willing to dig and find them.

Now we go back to my question: Has anyone had any success in requesting for documents which was submitted as part of the work permit application to be returned back to you?

2 Likes