We can't let her LEAVE!

Buttercup can’t leave us! No way!

I hear she’s already packing her suitcase, taking only summer clothes and she’s going to leave us for some forum in a warmer climate.

Stop her! Do something! Someone!

Should I go over to her house? I don’t knwo what to do… HELP! :frowning:

Why do you build me up, buttercup,
Baby, just to let me down?
Mess me around, yeah,
and worst of all,
You never call baby, when you say you will.
I need you still, I need you,
More than anything darling,
More than I have from the start.
So build me up, buttercup,
Don’t break my heart.

You’ll be over at ten,
You tell me time and again.
But you’re late,
I wait around and then.
I went to the door,
I can’t take anymore.
It’s not you,
Why do you treat me bad?

Baby, baby, I try to find,
A little time, where I don’t make you mine.
I’ll be home,
Waitin’ by the phone for you.

You were a toy,
But, you could be the boy I adore.
If you just let me know.
I build you up too,
I’m attracted to you, more and more.
What more can I say?
Baby, baby, I try to find,
A little time,
Where I don’t make you mine.
All alone,
Waitin’ by the phone for you.

We love Buttercup and we don’t want her to go. :cry:

I followed her home one night from a very Happy Hour, so I know where she lives.

How much is the bounty on her?  

fuck that, can I go with her? I fleezing.

Why would she want to leave? Has someone been mean to her?

We’re already suffering badly from the absence of HGC. If Buttercup goes too, we’ll be really struggling to find warmth and cheer on these boards.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]Why would she want to leave? Has someone been mean to her?

We’re already suffering badly from the absence of HGC. If Buttercup goes too, we’ll be really struggling to find warmth and cheer on these boards.[/quote]

No drama, I’m just taking a break. There was a specific post that triggered this, Maoman obviously temped and locked it due it’s stupidity. No anger, no upset, just a thud of boredom and ‘here we go again’-ness. I appreciate trolls, smerfs and pissed up posting probably more than average, but although I’m relatively new on f.com, I’ve lived in Asia for 10 years and I really have heard it all before.

I’ve spent a lot of time reading and posting over the last few months and have met a few great people at Happy Hours and online, for which I’m really happy and greatful. The site is a really good resource for new people and it’s great that so many people contribute.

I’ll be around again, I’m just taking a break, once I have gained perspective. I’ve just spent too much time reading and responding to the words and thoughts of people I dislike and wouldn’t dream of ‘respecting’ in real life. I’ll get over it and probably be back in a week… Maybe start using the ‘ignore’ button. :wink:

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“Omniloquacious”]Why would she want to leave? Has someone been mean to her?

We’re already suffering badly from the absence of HGC. If Buttercup goes too, we’ll be really struggling to find warmth and cheer on these boards.[/quote]

No drama, I’m just taking a break. There was a specific post that triggered this, Maoman obviously temped and locked it due it’s stupidity. No anger, no upset, just a thud of boredom and ‘here we go again’-ness. I appreciate trolls, smerfs and pissed up posting probably more than average, but although I’m relatively new on f.com, I’ve lived in Asia for 10 years and I really have heard it all before.

I’ve spent a lot of time reading and posting over the last few months and have met a few great people at Happy Hours and online, for which I’m really happy and greatful. The site is a really good resource for new people and it’s great that so many people contribute.

I’ll be around again, I’m just taking a break, once I have gained perspective. I’ve just spent too much time reading and responding to the words and thoughts of people I dislike and wouldn’t dream of ‘respecting’ in real life. I’ll get over it and probably be back in a week… Maybe start using the ‘ignore’ button. :wink:[/quote]

Damn. The principle reason I came back was to interact with BC. A day late and a dollar short as they say.

I was trying to get TomHill to persuade her to come over to The HO. She is by far the funniest poster since Richardm and way more intelligent than your average bear. Do hurry back Buttercup. I am missing you already.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]Why would she want to leave? Has someone been mean to her?[/quote]Someone said all western women have a chip on their shoulder in yet another “I want to shag Taiwanese women and I’m a stud” thread. He probably couldn’t get a shag with a real woman. Why would anyone want to hang around with those sort of comments ? (not my comments, the other comments)

‘Grateful’, obviously. Spastic.

Tash went away.
She wasn’t nearly so sassy when she came back.
You’ll come back as “I-can’t-believe-it’s-not-Buttercup”.
Then where will we be? Back in the food forum with nothing but non-fat dairy substitute threads. :raspberry:
You just wait and see. You’ll go away. You’ll get a life. Then what? Nothing.
Where’s Loretta? Gone sailing.
Where’s Tetsuo? Dunno.
Where’s Hobbes? Changing poopy diapers.
Poopy-diaper bin… that’s where this is heading.

A lot of us would think you’re greatful, too, if there were such a word.

Please don’t stay away too long!

But…Buttercup, the poster was right, I am a western woman, and I sure do have a chip on my shoulder!

It’s a sour cream and onion pringle!

:rainbow:

[quote=“superemma”]But…Buttercup, the poster was right, I am a western woman, and I sure do have a chip on my shoulder!

It’s a sour cream and onion pringle!

:rainbow:[/quote]
That’s because you’re obviously fat and hairy then. If you were lithe and dark-haired and what’s the other thing? Oh yes, subservient, it would be one of those new “gourmet” sea salt and black pepper Pringles. Jesus H. Christ on a sidecar, woman! And you WONDER how Western women can’t get whatever it is Western women want here?

You’re nothing but a bald-faced Pringle IGNORAMUS!

(Thai shrimp Pringles would also be acceptable).

Oh, sandman, if only you knew how hairy I am. I am such a hairy monkey western woman that when I showed my shin to demonstrate that in class, my students weren’t the only ones who gasped and goggled - my American boss who was observing almost fell out of his chair too. But…I am lithe and dark haired…just too much dark haired. It sure turns the western guys off, and shows them that I’m uncooperative. :smiling_imp:

:laughing: :bravo:

That was brilll!

Thanks for calling it sassy, but actually other men called it mean and cried about it. I had too many whiny PMs about how mean I was to them and would I please stop bullying them, so I took a break to examine myself.
So I examined and examined and found out that there was nothing wrong with me, but that they were all nancy-boys. So to avoid them whining, I just don’t post that much anymore.

But Buttercup’s is a different story. She makes us all laugh. She’s only sassy from time to time, when someone really deserves it, and even then it’s pretty tame and damn funny. I don’t think this site needs a break from her, but the other way around might be a good thing, if that’s how she feels.

In any case, I’m not going to whine about it too much because I get to see her IRL way more often than here anyway. We’ll just get together for tequila shots and eat tortilla chips off of each other’s shoulders.
If Erhu joins us, we can do a rotating kind of a thing, and then switch to counter clock-wise every few circles or so. It’ll be fun!

[quote=“tash”]We’ll just get together for tequila shots and eat tortilla chips off of each other’s shoulders.
If Erhu joins us, we can do a rotating kind of a thing, and then switch to counter clock-wise every few circles or so. It’ll be fun![/quote]I SO need to get in on that action.

[quote=“Jaboney”][quote=“tash”]We’ll just get together for tequila shots and eat tortilla chips off of each other’s shoulders.
If Erhu joins us, we can do a rotating kind of a thing, and then switch to counter clock-wise every few circles or so. It’ll be fun![/quote]I SO need to get in on that action.[/quote]
Tequila and chips are cheap, but the operation is something you’ll need to save up for.
Let me know when you come back from Thailand and you’re all healed up and everything. We’ll save you a stool.

[quote=“Jaboney”][quote=“tash”]We’ll just get together for tequila shots and eat tortilla chips off of each other’s shoulders.
If Erhu joins us, we can do a rotating kind of a thing, and then switch to counter clock-wise every few circles or so. It’ll be fun![/quote]I SO need to get in on that action.[/quote]
You don’t. Trust me on this. They drool.

And do you think you’ll be up for the hazing?