We don't ALL speak English

Except for sandman, weren’t all those posts from the same poster… Some lonely person; sort of a running dialogue between him/her self…?

No: that deep in the archive, a bunch of posts just get stuck under the author “system”, even though they were from different posters.

4 Likes

I don’t need to imagine I lived it. And I helped (kinda) open one of the first good pizza places. Though overall vastly improved, some things were better back then , namely bars and clubs and the dance scene and the music shops and book stores are solely missed. The lack of music in daily life here is the biggest loss. Apart from some of my hair. :grin:

PS Taipei and all cities in Taiwan look way better at night ,always have :sunglasses:.

3 Likes

I can imagine in 2001 Taipei felt quite distant

1 Like

@discobot approves of this. :slightly_smiling_face:
:robot::+1:

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself. — Henry Miller

1 Like

I remember in 2005 having to go on adventures to find places that sold coffee. And you’re right about the music shops. You used to be able to buy actual LPs from some places. And recent pressings. Then there was that punk club that played live music near Puchian market. Or practicing English and Mandarin with kids working part time at 7/11 before they went off to do their military service and giving them burnt DVDs filled with music only for them to start asking me for more.
Taipei was a very different place 16 years ago.

1 Like

We don’t ALL gravedig

Not coming from a cemetery, my wife and I don’t grave dig (duh). So it pisses me off when @the_bear makes a thread about how grave digging is horrible, terrible and generally bad, and then proceeds to grave dig the dumbest and oldest thread from a grave dig I’ve ever seen. And when I ask him why he replies to me in broken English. Tsk tsk.

Woah, did a bear drink your coffee this morning or something?

2 Likes

Yes. Yes, he did! :rage: :coffee: :bear:

1 Like

I’m confused. I think I’ll let Stansfield speak on my behalf…

1 Like

I’m sorry. Senility is tough for everyone. :disappointed:

Nice try at distracting us with an argument over the coffee’s country of origin and the meaning of life and all that, but we know you stole Drew’s damn coffee! Confess! :rant:

2 Likes

This is just to say
I have drunk
the coffee
that was on
the sideboard

and which
Drew was probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
it was delicious
so piquant
and so hot

#bearcarloswilliams

6 Likes

5 Likes

This thread is getting really weird…

1 Like

Unfortunately this year that feeling has come back big time. No coffee for me in the evening, thanks.