We have visitors

“Candy” posted this (you obviously gave her keywords to use):

1.The weather is so hot that I want to eat icecream .

2.It is easy for brother to play basketball .

3.If I had 1 million dollars , I would buy a new car .

Screamin’ Jesus, Please teach your ABC’s to spicen up a little more. Like this ??

… With the new car, I could hit my brother. I always hated him for playing basektball so well! How easy he could do it, being so tall and strong. But whenever I tried it, my mother stopped me. She told me I had to fit into her picture of feminity in Taiwanese society! Years and years I had to endure it, but now it must come to an end. Using my dad’s money (I killed him last year with posioned ice cream), I will buy this fab new Mazda turbo, and then I want to hear my brother scream! scream! scream!

Glad I could help.

A thought occured to me, what possible educational value could in posting, “The weather is so hot that I want to eat icecream”?
No one grades it; there’s no feedback (and if there is, why not just have the students type it out on their home computers and bring the printout to class?).
Is this a “learn how to navigate a Web site with English menus?”
I just don’t see the purpose.

[quote=“bob_honest”]"
Glad I could help.[/quote]

… forgot the :laughing: in my post. The guest’s posting were funny in a way.
I think the “I love New York” thread had some serious answers, because it showed emotion and seemed real. Almost a poem :smiley:

Send his student into the Taiwan Politics section, so that I can have a crack at them. :smiling_imp:

I agree with Bu Lai En. Maybe you’d better clean up your atrocious grammar and spelling first. Don’t want to be called out, do you, especially by an English learner?

Aaaaaaahhhhh. Been waiting to do that for a long time.

a fellow huaqiao,
aprimo