Wearing T-shirts in Taiwanese winters

But the wind blows up your crotch!

Remember, it’s not just temperature, it’s the combination with humidity that kills it here.

2 Likes

Under pressure from my Taiwanese girlfriend we go to Costco and I have! to buy biggest heaviest winter coat they have, thankfully a 2 in 1 so quilted liner can be worn separately, other wise never be worn. And managed to get away with not buying a thick shirt to wear underneath.

2 Likes

Long Johns!

This one?

I just hate you very much because I am freezing all over. :cold_face:

it is cold now, the humidity makes it worse than what the legit temp says it is. its not really gloves and scarf cold but its cold for taiwan.

as for taiwanese who feel the cold more all i can say is the people who wear jackets in summer time must be having a hard time right now.

1 Like

I’m from North East US and it gets hella cold out there.

However, cold/dark/damp Taipei winters beats out anything I have ever experienced. I have been here for a good 6 years (or was it 7?) and , I did not think winters were cold year 1. That changed drastically once my body got used to the weather.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with people that wear shorts/t-shirts in this kind of weather. Everyone’s body is different and adjust different to the cold. I had a high school friend’s dad who shoveled snow in shorts and a tshirt back at home. He did wear a wool hat and boots though.

2 Likes

Yes that one, nice jacket but to much for Taiwan winter OK in UK at the moment.
The quilted underjacket is good I’m wearing that out in the evening, looking like a local in quilted jacket

1 Like

" A Taipei doctor yesterday cautioned people, particularly smokers, to dress warmly in the winter months, citing a 30 percent increase in emergency-room visits for heart problems related to the cold."

There you have it!

Oh god, those Canadians must be dropping like flies!

from 5 a day they go to 5.75 visits?

Ask them why people wear slippers during whole year.41x2-hXVepL.SY355

This is exactly what my “normal” has become… I wear the same clothes (jackets/ sweaters, etc) that I would wear at 10 degrees cooler in Canada.
But, if not for acclimatizing, I would never survive these summers!!

2 Likes

Cheap! Lazy?

No one is more miserable in a Taipei winter than a Canadian, in my experience.

2 Likes

Except Central American chicks.

3 Likes

Because of our existential crisis… how can we be real Canadians if we’re cold at such mild temperatures?
Locals expect us to not be cold, people from home glare when we say it’s cold (even Vancouverites!)… and yet, the chill is real. Even if no one else believes us.

1 Like

You poor barstads.

You might be more comfortable in Okuaizu, a country rich in snow

1 Like

Those are some wild taglines… “Because it snows.”
At least there, everyone would believe me when I complained about the cold :grin:
I think I’ll stick with less physical discomfort though. Maybe Taipei winters aren’t that bad after all…!

1 Like