Weather in Tainan

Current and forcast weather for Tainan, the tranquil city of civility and history.
Tainan Weather
click on link for weather report and forcast for Tainan area.

You been in Tainan long? Do you go to the Armoury Pub much?

[quote=“porcelainprincess”]You been in Tainan long? Do you go to the Armoury Pub much?[/quote]13 months and 5 days and I have never been to the Armoury. I looked for it a few times and was not able to find it. My fault I am sure.
I have heard many good things about it.

The Armoury Pub is at 公園南路82號.

Back in 1998 I used to jam there on my Turkish guitar with a guy who played a djembe. Good times!

[quote=“porcelainprincess”]The Armoury Pub is at 公園南路82號.
Back in 1998 I used to jam there on my Turkish guitar with a guy who played a djembe. Good times![/quote]

It opened more than 10 yrs :smiley:

Is Tainan a good place to live?

Beaches, outdoors, book store, churches, good community??

Thanks

[quote=“fiveeagles”]Is Tainan a good place to live?
Beaches, outdoors, book store, churches, good community??
Thanks[/quote]fiveeagles -
IMO Tainan is a very good place to live.
It is of a convieint size - not too big/not too small.
Beaches - well yes. Just go west for about 10 minutes and you have the Staits. Fishing is easily possible from the beach, jetties and bridges along the ocean.
Heck, Tainan even has a surfing club with wind-surfing too! Scuba club also.
Book Store - many
Churches - Yes, most major (and a few minor) groups are represented. Chinese and english speaking. Also Filipino and a few other lingo’s.
Good community - IMO a hearty yes. It is a nice place. Some good museums, shows, libraries, cultural spots.

Being married and having a 10 yr old I am not into the night club scene or bae scene, but from what I know that aspect is represented also. Of course not to the scale of Taipei.
I chose Tainan and have been satified so far with the choice.

Also it has an easy to get to airport.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Current and forcast weather for Tainan, the tranquil city of civility and history.
Tainan Weather
click on pic for weather report and forcast for Tainan area.[/quote]

I’ve been in Tainan 6 years now.

Yesterday I came back from Taipei. It was my first ever visit. I went up a tall building and then visited a museum that was mostly rubble. Then I got back on a bus and came back to Tainan. Taipei looked like a pretty big city from up in that tall building. Maybe in another 6 years I’ll go back there. Probably more to see eh?