Web Hosting Recommendations?

[quote=“Mark Nagel”]Miltownkid, could you please tell me the websites of the companies that offer free web hosting including domain name registration, with no pop-up, pop-under, or banner ads?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Did you try doing your own research?

[quote=“Mark Nagel”]Miltownkid, could you please tell me the websites of the companies that offer free web hosting including domain name registration, with no pop-up, pop-under, or banner ads?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]
Sorry about that, didn’t even see this post. A google search will show you many.

I remember hearing things (good I think) about doteasy.com/

I remember this site being pretty good for reviews and stuff. I wouldn’t see anything wrong with trying free webhosting until you need something more or until you got a better understanding of what your looking for.

clickherefree.com/

I’ve been using 34sp.com and I’m very satisfied. Good service, hosting costs just US$25 per year, you get 10 email accounts for that price along with hosting and 50MB of storage space. They are located in the UK, a good thing if you’re worried about what the Dept. of Homeland Security is monitoring – ever heard of “Carnivore”:

dojgov.net/USDOJ_Carnivore_Scam.htm

cheers,
DB

If you want a very reliable hosting company and can handle not having MySQL databases (ie no forums, blogs, photo galleries), go with 1&1. They’re bill themselves as the worlds largest web host (which I believe) and the features they have are quite complete.

Anyone can recommend dedicated servers in ROC or PRC?
Bandwidth is cheap here and so is labor. Language could be an issue though.

aitcom.com/ had dedicated servers for $39.95 a month.
Large choice of OS’s. And 1 TERABYTE of data transfer a month.
However, their customer support etc. is pretty bad. Really they just
want to lure you in, then charge you $80/ month for the support package,
so they can re-install your OS.

[quote=“Shenme Niao”]Anyone can recommend dedicated servers in ROC or PRC?
Bandwidth is cheap here and so is labor. Language could be an issue though.[/quote]
I’ve been told it’s really expensive here. I’ve only seen one site so far, but I’m sure there are others (I’d like to see them).

webtaiwan.com.tw/service_vserver_linux.php