Website comparing candidates policies

Huh? How is Obamessiah not linked to Ayers?

[quote=“Tigerman”]
Huh? How is Obamessiah not linked to Ayers?[/quote]

Wow…deft work there avoiding the entire thrust of my post, which was that the Economist is in fact damning in its criticism of the McCain campaign. Convenient that you forgot that rather embarrassing fact, and yet again went for the tenuous Ayers link. :raspberry:

Since you ask-They are not “palling around” as Palin claims, and Obama has repeatedly condemned the activities of the Weather Underground, which happened when he was 8 years old. The attempt to link Obama to Ayers (terrorist) is therefore patently false-unless you define “link” in the loosest sense, which then renders the word meaningless. Anyway this has already been discussed ad infinitum on this board, and you have failed to demonstrate Palin’s claim on Obama “palling around with terrorists” is anything but a falsehood, and also failed to show any meaningful link on either an ideological or a personal level between the two men.

Not at all deft. This thread is about the respective platforms of the candidates. It is not about which candidate is nicer. I’m not niave enough to believe that the candidate and party that I identify with is pure good. They’re all dirty… and if you really believe that the Dims are cleaner than the GOP then you are either very young or you have had your eyes closed for a long time.

One comment I will make about a remark from the article you posted:

Well, this just goes to show that even the venerable Economist is silly now and then. The Obamessiah is anything but consensus-seeking. At least nothing in his record should reasonably lead to such a conclusion.

As I stated above… I’m not terribly concerned about which candidate is perceived by the media as being the “nicer” of the two. Politics is dirty and the dirt gets on everyone in politics… like pigs in mud… I find it quite funny that so many believe that The Obamessiah is pure and transcends politics as usual, when again, nothing in his short record reasonably leads to such a conclusion.

Tenuous, eh? Your bias and partisanship is blatent.

They’ve done much worse.

[color=#0040FF]Obama and Bill Ayers were close associates for years, going back as far as 1995[/color] if not earlier. [color=#408000]According to CNN[/color]: “[color=#4040FF]A review of board minutes and records by CNN show Obama crossed paths repeatedly with Ayers at board meetings of the Annenberg Challenge Project[/color]. The Annenberg Foundation gave the project a $50 million grant to match local private funds to improve schools… [color=#0080FF]Obama was asked to serve as the board chairman in 1995[/color]… [color=#4000FF]For seven years, Ayers and Obama – among many others – worked on funding for education projects, including some projects advocated by Ayers … The board, for example, gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to Bill Ayers’ small schools project[/color]… The funding, according to records… CNN reviewed, came directly from the Annenberg foundation which Obama chaired. While working on the Annenberg project, [color=#BF00FF]Obama and Ayers also served together on a second charitable foundation, the Woods Fund[/color].”

Tenuous? Give us a break. :laughing: You know damned well that if McCain were to have served on two different boards with the likes of David Duke or some other nutter the Dims would be raising that association as frequently as possible.

Obamessiah has only condemned Ayers recently with his run at the Presidency.

Peter Wehner asks the following:

Haha! Nonsense. The Obamessiah’s political career was launched by Ayers, who hosted a fundraiser for Obamessiah in Ayers’ living room. If McCain had launched his political career at the home of David Duke the Dims would be all over that shit and screaming bloody murder about McCain’s strong links to racist scum. And you know that’s true.

Anyway, as shown above, the link to unrepentent terrorist Ayers is not what I would try to minimize as “tenuous”. It is of little importance that Ayers’ terrorist acts were committed when the Obamessiah was a child… what matters instead is that terrorist Ayers has never shown remorse and instead has lamented that he didn’t do enough [terrorism] and yet Obamessiah not only permitted terrorist Ayers to launch Obamessiah’s political career, Obamessiah also saw it appropriate to work closely with terrorist Ayers, for at least seven years, on the boards of two different entities. Dunno about you, but, I wouldn’t associate with terrorist Ayers.

Haha! Yeah, the only links between The Obamessiah and terrorist Ayers are 1) Obamessiah’s political career was launched by Ayers, who hosted a fundraiser for Obamessiah in Ayers’ living room and 2) the Obamessiah worked closely with terrorist Ayers, for at least seven years, on the boards of two different entities that promoted Ayers’ current agenda.

Sure, that’s just a “tenuous” link… :laughing:

The Obamessiah’s problem, unfortunately for him, is that he has so many such “tenuous” links to so many shady characters… Convicted felon Tony Rezko. Unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers. The anti-American, race-baiting Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

And yet, in each case, the pure Obamessiah seems to have been unaware of the respective nasty agendas of these men. Again, I dunno about you… but, I’m not able to just accept on blind faith that The Obamessiah didn’t know that Ayers is an unrepentebt terrorist who laments not having committed yet more terrorist acts and during 20 years sitting in the Rev. Wright’s church and being married by the good Reverend and having his kids baptized by Rev. Wright… well, come on, Obamessiah just didn’t know about the Reverend Wright’s crazy, hateful sermons… Why, The Obamessiah was just shocked by those sermons when he was made aware of their content! Apparently The Obamessiah is so good and pure that even when he’s standing in shit he cannot smell it!

So, when he became candidate for POTUS, the Obamessiah suddenly condemned his prior LONG-TIME associates.

That smells fishy to me.

Yeah, I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you if you believe that nonsense.

I like what Charles Krauthammer said about this:

I can’t blame the Dims and The Obamessiah for being terrified of discussion of Obamessiah’s associations with convicted felon Tony Rezko, unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers and the anti-American, race-baiting Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

There shall be no questions about The Obamessiah!

Frankly I’m amazed the otherwise intelligent Tigerman is hanging onto this tag of terrorist for Ayers. In any case, Ayers’ actions are not even a drop compared to the economic terror about to be visited upon several million American households, all thanks to that fiscal fuckwit, lil’ pussy.

Trust me, if this election was to be held in six months from now when the full impact of what the Repubs have done to the American economy are realised, it would be a complete no contest. You can happily quote me later.

HG

I guess that just goes to show that reasonable minds may differ on some matters/issues.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]In any case, Ayers’ actions are not even a drop compared to the economic terror about to be visited upon several million American households, all thanks to that fiscal fuckwit, lil’ pussy.

Trust me, if this election was to be held in six months from now when the full impact of what the Repubs have done to the American economy are realised, it would be a complete no contest. You can happily quote me later.[/quote]

Well, I believe that you are correct, that things are going to get much worse before they get better.

But, I don’t understand why you keep saying that the mess is on Bush’s hands alone. Even Bill Clinton has come out and accepted partial responsibility and he has placed some of the blame on the Dems.

Well, this just goes to show that even the venerable Economist is silly now and then. The Obamessiah is anything but consensus-seeking. At least nothing in his record should reasonably lead to such a conclusion.[/quote]
There’s plenty, actually. Have you looked?

I like what Charles Krauthammer said… In the same article, he also wrote:[quote]Obama is a man of first-class intellect and first-class temperament.[/quote]

Bush had ample warning and two full terms to do something about it and didn’t do a thing. Clearly he was willing to pass this one onto the next person in the White House.

HG

Yes. Obamessiah has voted with the Dims 97% of the time. And, unless I’m mistaken, he has the most liberal voting record of anyone in the Senate. That’s not the mark of a consensus-seeker. And in the context of this race, McCain is clearly and by far more of a consensus-seeker.

You would. Nobody is doubting The Obamessiah’s intellect. I just don’t like his politics. He’s way to liberal, IMO.

I don’t agree. Bush called a total of 17 times, from as far back as April 2001 for reform and regulation. The Dims argued that reform was unnecessary and complained that the Republicans were racists for going after Freddie and Fannie. That’s a matter of record and cannot be denied.

McCain co-sponsored a bill that was aimed at regulating Fannie and Freddie in 2005 but the bill never made it to a vote. Yes, the Republicans at that time had the majority, but not a large enough majority to break the Dim’s filibuster. Thus, that bill was left to die.

I know you don’t like Bush and there are lots of things for which he can be legitimately criticized. But, I really don’t think this is one of those things.

As I posted, even Bill Clinton has admitted fault and placed some blame on the Dims in Congress. No way this mess is the result of acts of one POTUS… this mess goes back to Carter and lots of people have blood on their hands.

You cannot accurately criticize Bush as wanting to leave this for the next POTUS. Bush wasn’t content to let this mess pass to the next POTUS… he signed into law the first bill that Congress finally agreed on in 2007.

Astounding but true. The political party which has controlled both the Whitehouse and Congress for the past seven years has little or no responsibility for the current mess we’re in.

Of course it was completely responsible for the economy earlier when everyone thought it was on a roll but now that the economy is tanking it’s no longer responsible for anything.

Don’t ask me how but you can’t argue with divine revelation. Stay tuned for “How the Election Was Stolen by Terrorists.”

Yes. Obamessiah has voted with the Dims 97% of the time. And, unless I’m mistaken, he has the most liberal voting record of anyone in the Senate. That’s not the mark of a consensus-seeker. And in the context of this race, McCain is clearly and by far more of a consensus-seeker.[/quote]
You haven’t looked very far into the matter then. If the Dems sponsor an issue, and he’s able to bring Republican support, is that not consensus building? Wouldn’t show up in a straight-down-the-line voting record, though would it?

Have a look at the praise he’s earned from conservatives who worked with him in the past, and the frustrations of liberals who learned that he wasn’t going to play favourites.

I don’t have a problem with that. Being liberal is not a character flaw.

There’s plenty, actually. Have you looked?

You haven’t looked very far into the matter then. If the Dems sponsor an issue, and he’s able to bring Republican support, is that not consensus building? Wouldn’t show up in a straight-down-the-line voting record, though would it?

Have a look at the praise he’s earned from conservatives who worked with him in the past, and the frustrations of liberals who learned that he wasn’t going to play favourites.

Tigerman, TC, you’re slipping behind the curve. The latest attack from McCainCentral is Michelle’s connection with the Ayers family.

In 1987, she was apparently hired by the same law firm that Bernadine Dohrn had gone to work for in 1984. Add Sidley & Austin to the Annenbergs as part of the secret Maoist/Islamic Fundamentalist/Black Nationalist Church/Mafia attempt to destroy America

Love this question from TPM:

Fuckin’ A! At least the music will be better than the anthems of the skull and cross bones!

HG

[quote=“MikeN”]Tigerman, TC, you’re slipping behind the curve. The latest attack from McCainCentral is Michelle’s connection with the Ayers family.

In 1987, she was apparently hired by the same law firm that Bernadine Dohrn had gone to work for in 1984.[/quote]

Not slipping. I’d heard that. I’m just waiting to see how Obamessiah finally explains his relationship. He didn’t know he was a terrorist. No, that’s not it. he knew, but thought Ayers was “rehabilitated”. No… wait a minute…

Haha!

You’ll be sorry, then, if you Google “Obama’s Anthem”… really sorry.