Website design -- any suggestions?

You know, you’re right, it does look a little “millenial.” Which get me to thinking about how the site has evolved over the years. I went through a flurry of updating between 2000 and 2002, but then we got busy actually doing translation instead of trying to attract clients, so it has remained unchanged for six years. If you’ll indulge me, here’s a trip down memory lane.

Winter 2000:

Spring 2000:

Summer and Fall 2000 (initial page following by main content page):

Winter 2001 (initial page following by main content page):

Winter 2001 to Spring 2002 (initial page following by main content page):

Current since 2002:

Here’s a possible new look:

Well, here’s another look for the site:

It’s located here: billionbridges.com/test/index.html.

(EDIT on June 23: It’s done! billionbridges.com)

Would anyone be able to explain why I get a half page of nothingness at the bottom of the page so that you need to scroll down?

(Thanks very much again for any help and tips!)

you have blank spaces before the tag, just remove them.
it should look like this.

[code]

[/code]

i never really like white on black. a bit hard on my eyes. it looks quite good though.
why is the “about us” in the left corner?

Okay, um, are you, let me see, friends, HOMOSEXUALS, or husband and wife?

Ditch the jargon - it sounds like corporate wankage.

Anyway, like the name, “A Billion Bridges”; it’s a real tongue twister for the Sons of the Yellow Emperor.

you have blank spaces before the tag, just remove them.
it should look like this.

[code]

[/code]

i never really like white on black. a bit hard on my eyes. it looks quite good though.
why is the “about us” in the left corner?[/quote]
Well, I got rid of the blank spaces but it didn’t make a difference. The “About us” will be one of several links to different pages on the site.

I’d thought that “husband-wife translation team” didn’t sound “professional” enough, but maybe it doesn’t matter?

my bad, i tried without the graphics. it is logical that there is no difference though. how about graphics? try the page without them to see…

It’s the rightmargin div, it’s down there stretching the screen because it was set to height: 100% and position: absolute but no position was specified (add something like right: 0px; top: 0px;).

Genius!