Website design

[quote=“Traveller”]Then i suggest you define a long, long time bearing in mind your lack of practical working experience since you left Uni in 2003.

Sheesh, talk about naivety of youth :loco:[/quote]

Norvig’s estimate of about ten years seems good to me. Perhaps you’d like to call him naive?

I’ve been getting paid to write code continuously for about twelve years now. I’ve been writing code seriously for maybe fifteen. If you’re thinking that means my first seven years of paid code sucked, you’re absolutely right :wink:

Five-line LinkedIn profiles are not necessarily the whole picture.

Anyway guys, keep insulting me if you like. I’ve already said I don’t think talking across each other is going to get us any further, so I’m not gonna get baited back into the technical stuff.

Okay maybe I’ll let myself be baited just a little.

The problem here is not obscure packages. The problem is that you were paying semi-hobbyists. Hire real programmers. I’m pretty sure I said that already.

WOOHOO! Over here everybody! N-n-n-n-n-NERDFIGHT! :laughing:

The Jock wrote: [quote]WOOHOO! Over here everybody! N-n-n-n-n-NERDFIGHT! Laughing out loud…[/quote]

I think they prefer the term “Geek.”

I think they prefer the term “Geek.”[/quote]

No kidding. Geez, ask a simple question . . .

As for the OP and his question:

whitetiger, I’ve also got a domain from godaddy and I paid for their website template package that you describe, but I’ve never gotten around to trying to figure it out – short on time and perhaps a little nervous that it will be difficult. After all this techno-crap, though, I have now decided to give it a try ASAP. Hopefully I can get something – anything – put together this weekend, and if so I’ll let you know.

I think they prefer the term “Geek.”[/quote]
Only nerds use the term “geek” to describe themselves. Everone else just calls 'em nerds.

You’re the one who’s been doing all the knitting.