Websites and SEO

Hi All!

I am looking for a company or individual that specializes in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services. I have a website that needs some work done on it. I am not looking for a big company that wants NTD$20,000 a month just for blinking but rather someone I can sit down with and go through it all.

Many apologies if this topic has been discussed elsewhere.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like

you can do Yahoo Search Marketing, and they will assist you to help optimize your site.

Long-term it is best to go with one of those expensive companies so your site is always on top. They really do bring a lot more hits to your site, but if your customers are not worth that much since the product is low cost then it may not be a viable option.

Talk to Enspyre, they have a SEO service and are pretty good at it.

You can try GCT Taiwan. They did a good job with optimizing the ranking of our company’s web-site. Don’t remember the price, but I know my boss wouldn’t spend too much.

www.gct-taiwan.com

Here are some website guidelines written a couple of years ago for the government of Taiwan. Although only a few points there directly address SEO, many of them are nonetheless relevant to the issue. You may find the page of use – and it’s free.

I hope you don’t mean these guys
youtube.com/watch?v=aahy9jGJgeI

:laughing:

He is of course meaning “these guys” :slight_smile: What? You don’t like the little video my employees did for our “creativity training day”? Too bad, I think its funny.

To clear things up, Enspyre doesn’t offer SEO services (but we can answer your phone, fax, emails etc or do your telemarketing). But we have had pretty big successes promoting our own website via SEO. A website I have found to be really informative about SEO is www.seomoz.org.

Take care,
Elias

Crap. Guess I was just making stuff up again. Sorry Elias.

Who am I thinking of then?

Brendon, maybe you think we offer this service since I can’t stop myself from sharing my suggestions far and wide, including about web sites and SEO. But except for GCT I don’t know of anyone who has advertised that they offer SEO in Taiwan.

I wonder if small companies can really benefit from any SEO company that we can actually afford… SEO is like any other marketing technique in that the key is who to target. In the case of SEO one has to figure out WHICH keywords one would like to be number one for. Past the obvious names of services etc this is not that easy. Especially if some of your service names are so crowded that achieving top rankings is a long shot. In this case an SEO company has to come in and not only understand SEO in general but has to analyze your market and all the different ways your targets use the search engines.

So, I think that an outside consultant in this case would have to spend a lot of time learning about your company and your market and if they do a thorough job it will add up to quite a bit of money. Most likely out of the range that smaller companies can afford.

In the range that one can afford, the SEO company will most likely ask you for a list of keywords and start “optimizing” your website. If we keep it relatively simple, for example target all search engines with the same pages and don’t try to understand specifically what Yahoo and Google does differently, one can get very far with small changes. Let me give an example; since we offer services for small companies, “soho” as in “Small Office, Home Office” is a term that we would like to be in the top for. It is also a term that about 9000 Taiwanese people actually search for every month on Yahoo. I can see that in the tool Yahoo provides here: searchmarketing.yahoo.com/zh_TW/# - click on “關鍵字建議工具” and input whatever search terms in the box. You will see how many people searched for that term on Yahoo last month. Its good to know one spends time on something worthwhile.

So now I went through my site and found the pages that already had some kind of “soho” content and made sure that titles, meta tags, headlines and main content had a fair sprinkling of the word “soho”.

That’s it! We went from not being found on Yahoo at all to being number 6 in about a week. On Google we went from number 15 to number 7 as best and now we are down to 11 again.

Certainly there’s much more one can do to improve search engine rankings but my point is that maybe its better to do by oneself if the budget is pretty small. Its like TV advertising, maybe it would be great and bring in lots of customers, even have a high Return On Investment, but I just don’t have enough budget to get started.

1 Like

[quote=“Paradise”]Hi All!

I am looking for a company or individual that specializes in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services. I have a website that needs some work done on it. I am not looking for a big company that wants NTD$20,000 a month just for blinking but rather someone I can sit down with and go through it all.

Many apologies if this topic has been discussed elsewhere.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks[/quote]
Paradise,
Ask Morris specializes in SEO: askmorris.org/Article118.phtml

Good luck with your website.

1 Like

Hi all,

I will soon have a new website going up - predominantly in Mandarin.

I just wondered - do links from sites in English help the page rank for a site in Mandarin?

I already have a site (in English) that I have managed to get to PR4 through link exchanges, free directory listings, articles directories, forum posts and some sponsored posts on blogs.

Would the same approach work with a Mandarin language site? Do they have all of the above on the Mandarin net?

Steve

1 Like

I figure pretty much anything that works for English should work for Mandarin.

Elias

Any idea how much GCT or Ask Morris would roughly charge?

I was recently looking at GCT’s page and their basic SEO package is US$610 per month, for a minimum of 3 months.

SEO is not as easy as we think especially got ranked for those keywords which are business related. A well experienced marketer is required to achieve this. I have also wasted my lot of money and time and find out the best one which can show me the results. Currently, i am working with a digital agency redleos(.)com since 2018 which have shown some results. Actually, when your website is in top 10 against the keyword. Google takes into account the influence of behavioral factors for ranking purposes which is most important to get 1st position in SERP. Anyways, i don’t have deep knowledge about SEO. Thanks for sharing the nice piece of stuff with us.