Websites for retards

Hi, people.
I want to start up my own website.
I’m a computer idiot.
I guess I just buy a domain and use html… and copy html from other sites that you like…

Is that all you need to do?

godaddy.com

basictemplates.com for a cheap template.

[quote=“Sinister Tiddlywinks”]Hi, people.
I want to start up my own website.
I’m a computer idiot.
I guess I just buy a domain and use html… and copy html from other sites that you like…

Is that all you need to do?[/quote]
What kind of website do you want? Photogallery? Blog? There is different software for each type. Also, your PC most likely already has some website software on it: Microsoft Front Page.

There are plenty of free sites too. I use wanadoo.com “site builder”. It is truely idiot proof and free! I should know :loco: Choices are sometimes limited though, it is not a HTML site. However it does the job for me.

Check out the link below!

If you are looking for something a little nicer than one of these DIY sites, we make cheap personal and business sites for a lot of people. You can see our pricing at www.mysite.com.tw. (Includes hosting, email, and the site work.) The site also shows some free design templates we offer.

Here are some random sites we’ve done to give you a sample:
www.livingroomtaipei.com
www.mizunekko.com
www.happycharlie.com
www.daphnedu.com
www.3q2u.com
www.trueintaiwan.com
www.minsajt.nu
www.red23.info
www.shirleeposner.com
www.swissclubtaiwan.com
www.brianfunshine.com

be aware of copyrights before you copy

Robi is correct about this. You won’t have any problem with simple HTML stuff like links and such, but just taking a beautifully designed page from a commercial site and copying it and then filling in your content could land you in hot water.

If you’re just looking for some simple pages, you could go to any of the Linux/BSD web sites and grab some pages. Look at debian.org for example. Nothing stunning of course, just simple design with links and boxes, but it will give you an idea of how HTML code works.

Sorry if am assuming that you don’t know anything about HTML code - maybe you do already, but you did say “Web sites for retards”.

Good luck, and let us know when you get a few pages up and running.

regards,
Robert

P.S. You’re inspiring me to get to work on my own shambles of a web site.

Being on the same retard level as Sinister, what would I have to watch out for if I wanted to set up a website for photos?

It would be a site where I would show off holiday pics - like those popular Taiwanese sites about Greek islands and New Zealand - or fashion-related photos. I would also regularly e-mail pictures to subscribers or to anyone who wanted to receive my photo service.

Would setting up a new blog at say, blogger, be good enough for this? Or would I need more space and better service than they are offering?

Thanks for any advice.