Websites to meet up with locals and chat

What are some apps where I can meet up and chat with local Taiwanese people? I tried meetup but not many people are going to the event I’m interested in. Are there any places to go to in Kaohsiung?

Bumble is not too bad for meeting people.

How was Brickyard?

I went but didn’t go in. I spent 30 minutes talking to the person who lets people in the event. He said it was lgbt night which I have no interest in. It’d be best if I came on a weekend night

With that attitude you won’t meet a lot of people to chat…

Excuse me? You can’t make me be interested in anything I don’t want to. It’s not even like I said I have a problem with gays. I just said it doesn’t interest me like a lot of my interests don’t interest you. I’m so sick of this agenda. Leave me alone

With that attitude you won’t meet a lot of people to chat…

4 Likes

Your loss. Pro tip: Straight girls often visit LGBT nights or gay clubs (like g star in Taipei) with their LGBT friends. In the generally less aggressively flirty atmosphere in such places/events, often girls are actually more interested in flirting than, say, at normal weekdays in brick yard. Plus, there might be girls that are not normally found in the more aggressive places.

Just to clarify, are you looking for people to chat or to date? The two are quite different and affect what type of recommendations you will receive here.

4 Likes

Trying new things can not hurt… Oh wait!