Wedding anniversary! Help!

5th anniversary’s on Saturday. I don’t know where to go or what to do. Not TOO expensive. Not too far afield (Taipei).

Somebody that’s more romantically inclined than I am, please help!

You mean simply remembering it is not enough?!

My 7th anniversary is fast approaching, so I did the wisest thing I could think of and let my wife and kids visit her family in Malaysia for a few weeks. But I guess that is a bit expensive and far afield.

Try Club75. It’s a swanky new club/resturant/pub in Tien-mu (#75, Chung Shan N. Rd, Sec 6)…3 minutes walk from the Chihshan MRT station. It’s not expensive, Mediterranean style food and live jazz on Saturday nights. They also have an outstanding wine selection. For more info, call Patrick Lee at: (02)28368910

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff: You mean simply remembering it is not enough?!

My 7th anniversary is fast approaching, so I did the wisest thing I could think of and let my wife and kids visit her family in Malaysia for a few weeks. But I guess that is a bit expensive and far afield.

Jeff, that’s a GREAT idea! But are you sure your wife’s family wouldn’t mind? After all, they don’t even know my wife.

I found out how cheap rooms in 5-star hotels are for residents at this time of the year. How does a night in the presidential suite for 10000 sound? Or a small suite or big room for much cheaper.

Bri

I went to a Christmas party last year in the huge presidential suite of the Lai-Lai Sheraton. The place was so stuck in the seventies that it still had an eight-track player. The kitchen was all in avocado and burnt orange. Cool – but maybe not anniversary material. I doubt the other prominent hotels are the same.

How 'bout heading back to the same hotel as your wedding banquet?

Thanks for the replies. I’d pretty much decided to do Cranky’s thing and go back to the Shanghai Rooms or whatever – 39th floor of the Far Eastern Plaza – even though a burnt orange and avocado kitchen was surely tempting.

However, she decided last night that she wants diamond chips for our ears… whatever you want dear …

you poor bastard! buy some paste and make a secret date with your favorite office girl !!!

pppooo

sorry, congrats… if you can still get it up with the same girl after five years – she must be doing something right…

cheeers

quote:
Originally posted by sandman:

Jeff, that’s a GREAT idea! But are you sure your wife’s family wouldn’t mind? After all, they don’t even know my wife.

Hey, if she can put up with your awful sense of humor for 5 years, I’m sure she could put up with my inlwaws for a few weeks!

Oh, now that hurt, that really hurt!