Weekend brunch

As the OP I feel compelled to step into the fray and break up this nasty little tempest that’s brewing.

We went to Carnegie’s and it very much lived up to it’s billing. The brunch was excellent, filling and reasonably priced. On top of that, our server was very attentive, and as an added bonus, kind of hot and sultry.

We, or at least, I, will be back

Went to Dan Ryan’s today. Two adults and two kids. I never know how much to order so I got a sausage omelet and a ham omelet and a stack of buttermilk pancakes. An omelet comes with toast and hash browns (or fries). It was all good. It’s been awhile since I’ve had good hash browns.
My kids don’t know good food so I had to finish my omelet and most of the pancakes and part of the other omelet. The service was great. With juice, coffee, and coke, the damage was 1210NT. The omelets were very good, but not what I’m used to. Instead of the folded over kind, I like the round like a burrito kind like at Carnegies or G’day cafe.
There’s a moose and a bison on the wall. The bison was wearing a green hat.

[quote=“Richardm”]Went to Dan Ryan’s today. Two adults and two kids. I never know how much to order so I got a sausage omelet and a ham omelet and a stack of buttermilk pancakes. An omelet comes with toast and hash browns (or fries). It was all good. It’s been awhile since I’ve had good hash browns.
My kids don’t know good food so I had to finish my omelet and most of the pancakes and part of the other omelet. The service was great. With juice, coffee, and coke, the damage was 1210NT. The omelets were very good, but not what I’m used to. Instead of the folded over kind, I like the round like a burrito kind like at Carnegies or G’day cafe.
There’s a moose and a bison on the wall. The bison was wearing a green hat.[/quote]

I went there last week, and have to agree. At Carnegie’s the value was better, and you definitely get a great fry up. But for me, brunch implies a touch of class, otherwise it’s just late breakfast right? Dan Ryan’s has that. The food and service were excellent, and the place has such great atmosphere. Mamosa anyone?