Wegovy, Rybelsus, Ozempic (semaglutide) for Weight Loss

It’s obviously not easy for most people. It’s easy to eat less or stop eating the wrong food for a short period, but that’s about it. Failure rate tells the truth of it. These pills make you feel full earlier than usual, and stop you overeating, what’s wrong with that ? Literally why is that bad ?

They cost money? Protein rich healthy food costs a lot of money too. Everything costs money.

Glp-1 like drugs may have the biggest health impact of any medicine over the last 50 years or so , maybe even since the introduction of antibiotics.

Im not bragging. Where was i bragging? I said I switched one meal to an omelet and it had the same effect of curbing my hunger. Oh shit I must be a super human.

Compared to someone who would be literally feeling like they were starving within 30min of that, yes, you might as well be! :man_shrugging:

It’s abundantly obvious from the way you jump into every conversation about weight-loss that you don’t get it, your body doesn’t work that way, and that’s awesome for you, but no matter how often that’s explained you’re at it again the next round like it’s such an obvious solution and we’re all idiots who never thought of it.

Dude, seriously, get off your high horse, your recommendations are literally Dieting 101 and we’ve all been there and done that, and those for whom it worked probably aren’t following these threads, and those for whom it did not work are looking at other options and wondering wtf you keep coming back to it again and again unless, of course, you just like bragging about how well it’s worked for you.

So yes, it sure does look like bragging… :expressionless_face:

Now, back on topic - I’d say the muscle loss is probably real for some folks, I historically have been blessed with biochemistry that lets me put on muscle quickly and easily, not needing more than literally a few hours a month to maintain mass and tone, and just a few more hours to gain as much as I might want, but taking semaglutide I have to try probably twice as hard just to maintain status quo.

Or, to put it another way, my schedule is pretty random, and previously I could skip a month or three before feeling like I needed to get back up to par, now I really can’t skip at all and do have to work at it harder as well, plus catching up used to be just doubling up one month, now it’s more like doubling up for two or three months to get back if I miss even one.

But I have lost ~25lb of fat and it keeps me from feeling like somebody put a fucking black hole in my middle so I’m not a hangry bitch again 30min after that delicious omelet, so yeah, until something better comes along I’ll keep using it! :grandpa:

Indeed, that is a better description.

I suppose the bottom line is these weight loss drugs are the only things that work for the majority of people. Barring gastric surgery.

…for whom the usual solutions did not work - keep in mind there’s a massive amount of survivor bias here - everyone who tried other dieting options and were successful aren’t in the semaglutide-using group.

Which has been proven not to work longer term because all the same root causes (whatever they may be for any particular individual) remain.

That’s the huge difference with semaglutide, it brings the hunger stimulus back down to normal!

Bariatric surgery might or might not work but it’s highly risky and would never be rolled out en masse . These GLP-1 type drugs are a massive weight changer, I mean game changer. I’m planning to start on it soon, I’ll get back to the posse here. Sure I can change my diet and make another stab at it but the fact is that my weight has yo-yo’ed for years and years (at least ten years) and it’s now steadily climbing up again, I’m certainly not eating worse or more than I used to. It just seems to be easier to gain weight as I get older , and I exercise as well, but I can’t do heavy exercise due to injuries. Losing weight should help with my current injury and help me exercise more intensely.

Anyways that’s the plan I am looking around at options now. My thoughts about GLP-1 aren’t affected by my own circumstances, I thought a safe drug for weight loss would be a great advance way before these came on stream. Being overweight and carrying abdominal fat has a lot of bad health effects on our body , biochemically and physically.