Weird Rejection

I was sitting in a prominent fast food restaurant. A work kept staring at me. Kept smiling at me. And she giggled and waved at me with a coworker. So, as not wanting to make a scene or embarrass her, I wrote my LINE on a napkin and on the way out I handed it to her. At that moment, a customer came up and asked her something; she was embarrassed that the customer had seen what transpired. She then quickly rejected the napkin and stopped talking to me. I don’t know if I should go back… Just kidding I might hahaha :slight_smile:

PS I will never do this again but I had to make an alternative account to post this. Admin, will you either add this as a temp thread to my normal account or make it a temp post here?

We haven’t had one of these for a month or so.

It certainly was weird. How weird do other posters think it was? I’m up to 11.

4 Likes

Did you wipe a booger on that napkin and forget about it? That could explain the sudden change in attitude. I’m also pretty sure coronavirus can spread through the booger vector.

2 Likes

i think you should get tested for coronavirus right away.
that customer has ESP.
run, don’t walk to medical center.

Let’s give back to Caesar what is his. The rejection was fine, it was your approach that was weird. Work on your timing next time.

3 Likes

YOu sure your fly wasnt open or something? Or ketchup was in your hair?
OH and how can you be so sure the customer had seen your interaction? And who wants to accept a possibly dirty napkin?
Can’t you use a piece of paper? OR go ask her for a piece of paper and then say “hi” ??

OH and are both of you like 15?

3 Likes

Common precaution not to accept used napkins from customers during corona virus crisis. /s

2 Likes

I don’t get why you did it this time neither. :idunno:
It’s not like we can’t guess who you are…

8 Likes

Dude just go talk to the girl. No need to be weird and hand someone your Line ID. “Keep fighting.”

2 Likes

Honestly if the girl is working, I think sliding a piece of paper is best, precisely because clients will pop in at random. Plus, if there was already some non-verbal flirting that’ll add a touch of mystery.

1 Like

She was probably laughing at you because you look weird and was horrified upon realizing that you’d mistaken her mocking for flirting. :rofl:

8 Likes

Has this ever worked for you? Just handing a girl a phone number/Line ID without even saying anything? I could see women doing it to men, but I’ve never heard of men doing it to women.

Not saying it would absolutely never work. Just seems unlikely. Why not just talk to someone?

2 Likes

Bond , James Bond
Line me

9 Likes

Exactly. A total Bond move.

1 Like

Yup. Tested and approved.

2 Likes

I had a similar thing happen to me on a plane. This hot blond stewardess was staring at me and giggling…when I woke up with drool all over the folding tray.

5 Likes

Green Ocelot, is that you? :thinking:

The cringe is strong with this one. Writing a number (or LINE) on a napkin and passing it on to someone you don’t even know usually only works in bad movies or if you’re like a celebrity. Don’t be so creepy next time, what do you want people to say? You’re lucky she didn’t bring out her manager.

Uncreative Username or Green Ocelot? Neither of them are smooth enough to pull this off, but both of them are cringe enough to try and then come back to us and say “what do you guys think I’m doing wrong?”

4 Likes

Oh, I found the napkin he passed to her!

8 Likes

In this case, the thread should be renamed to “Weirdo Rejection”
:rofl:

3 Likes