Weirdly blurred text when scrolling

I’ve noticed something weird happens every once in a while when scrolling:

I see this in my old yet still functional laptop. Anybody else has seen this?

1 Like

Nope, that’s your browser rendering the anti-aliasing font

It’s good that you posted this. I’ve been noticing that from time to time in the last week or so as well, almost entirely on Forumosa (I think it happened one other time but don’t remember where).

1 Like

What’s your setup? I doubted this was unique to my computer…

Oh yeah, and I also finally managed to take a screenshot earlier today:

Not sure about that.

I also have a prehistoric (but functional) computer. It’s definitely something that began recently though.

Probably some problematic Discourse update. I don’t have this problem in any other site, and my laptop is otherwise pretty “fast” (but not it’s not a gaming laptop).

I have a newer laptop but don’t really use it. Might check on there at some point if I can be bothered.

It happens quite frequently from this computer for me, and it’s easily reproducible by opening a thread and scrolling down…

…but it doesn’t happen for quoted or link preview text, apparently:

Well. Clearly the issue is Wordle!

I’m kidding. Try another browser? I use firefox and no issues here.

I don’t want to open a different browser just for Forumosa tbh. The solution would be worse than the problem… :slightly_smiling_face:

He said ‘try’, not suggesting it as a solution - give it a go and see if the issue occurs for testing purposes.

1 Like

Thank you.

Yes. Trying another browser can really narrow down the problem and make troubleshooting easier.

Just for the record I’m using Chrome on Windows 10

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that or similar articles the other day but I’m not sure if that’s really the problem. I mean, I really don’t think it is.

Have you tried other browsers, like FF or Opera. I think Marco suggested this already

No, I haven’t done it yet.