Welcome Wagon

I would like to propose assembling a welcome wagon of dedicated members who are willing to answer questions from newbies, in order to take some of the administrative load off of the mods and admins.

For example, in our Newbie Q&A, we could then add a line saying “If you have any questions about how to use the site, feel free to send a PM to any one of our Welcome Wagon members: (list)”. (I know that such offers are routinely made by Maoman, but I think the burden should be spread out a bit, no?)

For over a year now I have been routinely answering such queries from members asking how to post or resize avatars, providing them with avatars, how to post pics, etc., and just thought that it might be nice to provide newbies with a list of members who are routinely willing to answer such queries, so that they know who to turn to for help.

Dragonbones,
whilst it goes without saying that all of your helpful suggestions for newbies are made with nothing but the best of intentions, don’t you think that you’re running the risk of smothering them with kisses?
After all, part of the fun of being a newbie is finding your feet and exploring the terrain.
A select morsel of guidance from an esteemed elder is usually appreciated, but spoon feeding is not.
And, IMHO, Forumosa is already far too over-regulated and sanitised as it is. In fact, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to log on tomorrow and find this post temped or flamed or whatever for being off topic or for attacking the messenger or for…
Oh, never mind. Keep up the good work.

I thought this was welcoming a poster called Wagon.

If no one else is going to, I will. “Welcome, Wagon!!

Yeah, hi wagon. PM me if you want to know anything about Dragonbones.

Otherwise…yes, good idea.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]I would like to propose assembling a welcome wagon of dedicated members who are willing to answer questions from newbies, in order to take some of the administrative load off of the mods and admins.

For example, in our Newbie Q&A, we could then add a line saying “If you have any questions about how to use the site, feel free to send a PM to any one of our Welcome Wagon members: (list)”. (I know that such offers are routinely made by Maoman, but I think the burden should be spread out a bit, no?)

For over a year now I have been routinely answering such queries from members asking how to post or resize avatars, providing them with avatars, how to post pics, etc., and just thought that it might be nice to provide newbies with a list of members who are routinely willing to answer such queries, so that they know who to turn to for help.[/quote]
Good idea, Dragonbones. You are ideal for the job, as is evidenced by your outstanding contributions to the Newbie FAQ. Goose Egg and I are getting together later today, so we’ll talk about how to best implement this. Is there anyone else out there who would like to be on the Welcome Wagon?

Wouldnt an indepth Q&A or Faq section suffice?

Just a thought :wink:

“On the wagon” :astonished:

What a terrible choice of words! :beer: :beer:

[quote=“derek1978”]Wouldnt an indepth Q&A or Faq section suffice?
Just a thought :wink:[/quote]Agree with this Derek1978 on this one. Let people lurk and read the rules. If they have any Q’s help is only a PM away.
No need to vet newbies with a sniff test. Just let 'em post and have fun.

[color=green]“knock…knock…Who’s there?..[/color][color=red]Landshark[/color][color=green]…Whooo?…uh…Welcome Wagon!”[/color]

Um - isn’t that exactly what Dragonbones is saying? :s

Problem solved then.
Next!