Western Breakfast in Taichung

For Heavens sake, restaurants cant be NOT open on any day of the week, if it wants to succeed.

Ugh. That’s the total opposite of my experience there a year or so ago. Sorry I got you to drive all the way out there :-/

Oh for heavens sakes, driving all the way out there :slight_smile:.
I know lots of good places in Taichung to get a Taiwanese western breakfast (club sandwich/omelette/eggs), cheap and decent tea and coffee, but there are few authentic brunch places.

whata we got for pete’s sake?

oh, for Pete’s sake?

Jesus, Mary and Joseph and all the saints in heaven, I just want me some brekkie!

If I were to serve a hearty greasy-spoon kind of breakfast in my shop on Sunday mornings, would you guys come?

There is a great breakfast place at the end of Da Ming Road, near ZhongXing Road. Hard for me to find places to eat (that i can stomach not suffer bowel complaints haha) and it was only 79 NTD for the best western breakfast in Taichung. :slight_smile:

Only trouble is - they close i think about 12pm.

[quote=“FarFlungScot”]There is a great breakfast place at the end of Da Ming Road, near ZhongXing Road. Hard for me to find places to eat (that i can stomach not suffer bowel complaints haha) and it was only 79 NTD for the best western breakfast in Taichung. :slight_smile:

Only trouble is - they close I think about 12pm.[/quote]
Might give it a go…only places I know are Early bird/Fingas and Fattys will do it if you know Hendrick! East to get omlette style breakfast but I like sausages/eggs/bacon etc !!! :cry:

[quote=“shiadoa”][quote=“FarFlungScot”]There is a great breakfast place at the end of Da Ming Road, near ZhongXing Road. Hard for me to find places to eat (that i can stomach not suffer bowel complaints haha) and it was only 79 NTD for the best western breakfast in Taichung. :slight_smile:

Might give it a go…only places I know are Early bird/Fingas and Fattys will do it if you know Hendrick! East to get omlette style breakfast but I like sausages/eggs/bacon etc !!! :cry:[/quote]

I’m afraid that you’re going to be disappointed in your pursuit of decent sausages and bacon in Taiwan. Both are awful. I find it hard to understand when pork is so plentiful. Must be a cultural thing that I don’t understand.

First meal I have every time I get back to the UK is a coronary inducing fry up.

[quote=“tomthorne”][quote=“shiadoa”][quote=“FarFlungScot”]There is a great breakfast place at the end of Da Ming Road, near ZhongXing Road. Hard for me to find places to eat (that i can stomach not suffer bowel complaints haha) and it was only 79 NTD for the best western breakfast in Taichung. :slight_smile:

Might give it a go…only places I know are Early bird/Fingas and Fattys will do it if you know Hendrick! East to get omlette style breakfast but I like sausages/eggs/bacon etc !!! :cry:[/quote]

I’m afraid that you’re going to be disappointed in your pursuit of decent sausages and bacon in Taiwan. Both are awful. I find it hard to understand when pork is so plentiful. Must be a cultural thing that I don’t understand.

First meal I have every time I get back to the UK is a coronary inducing fry up.[/quote]
I think it’s because the bacon is USA style and sausages…God only knows :unamused: But…Earlybird reasonable. I am like you but i also miss Lucozade and breakfasts…and Creme Eggs…and Fudge…and Chocolate…and Cheese and Onion crisps…and cakes (that taste of something)…and Roast beef/Yorkshire Pudding meals…and real Roast potatoes…and Parsnips…and shit I even miss Pot noodles :cry:

[quote=“shiadoa”][quote=“FarFlungScot”]There is a great breakfast place at the end of Da Ming Road, near ZhongXing Road. Hard for me to find places to eat (that i can stomach not suffer bowel complaints haha) and it was only 79 NTD for the best western breakfast in Taichung. :slight_smile:

here is a couple of pics

yeah they serve traditional eggs bacon and sausage i think - havent tried it though - i usually have the above.

This morning I had a Japanese style breakfast, which consisted of fried cod in a toasted sandwich with tartar sauce, rather delicious it was too and only 55 NTD :slight_smile: and topped up with an excellent latte to make about 105 NTD.

memory15.pixnet.net/blog/post/29 … A%E9%83%8E

In fact there are many independent coffee-shops in Taichung serving decent breakfasts and good coffee/tea, I don’t recommend eating the local hot dogs though.

Taichung does not have many places for truly Western fry-up type breakfasts, I can’t really add anything beyond Fingas/Early Bird (although I detest them for other reasons) to the list.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]This morning I had a Japanese style breakfast, which consisted of fried cod in a toasted sandwich with tartar sauce, rather delicious it was too and only 55 NTD :slight_smile: and topped up with an excellent latte to make about 105 NTD.

memory15.pixnet.net/blog/post/29 … A%E9%83%8E

In fact there are many independent coffee-shops in Taichung serving decent breakfasts and good coffee/tea, I don’t recommend eating the local hot dogs though.

Taichung does not have many places for truly Western fry-up type breakfasts, I can’t really add anything beyond Fingas/Early Bird (although I detest them for other reasons) to the list.[/quote]
Curioser and curioser HH? :popcorn:

Juggler Cafe near Sogo does a nice somewhat-continental-style breakfast. And their coffee is good too!

facebook.com/Jugglercafe

the coffee is good - but the ambience @@