Western women I have known and dated

I thought it was a funny story, perhaps you should have of given her some advice on how to make some extra money … go on Jerry Springer!!! I love that show, cause no matter how crappy my life seems, on comes a bunch of Americans to show me that things will NEVER get that bad for me!

The ultimate show for an optimist. :lovestruck: :slight_smile: No matter how bad things are…well…you know the rest… :wink: And JS is tops at showing you how bad it can get. lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

well back in my ‘confused’ daze…I basically thought that most Western women wanted their cake and wanted to eat it too…but then again that’s me. :wink:
As I have pointed out on other threads in this forum, a very close friend of mine was interested in a young woman but when his advances interfered with her chances for the man she wanted she cried ‘foul’ and got a restraining order on him, thus stopping him from going to the university he had planned to attend. However, I am sure if she had been more inclinded towards my friend she would have welcomed his advances sans restraining order.
But then again…maybe it’s just me. :wink:

I think foreign women are great. It’s American women I can’t stand. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, luv. I know you’re different. Unfortunately, you’re leaving town. The story of my life. . . .

I think foreign women are great. It’s American women I can’t stand. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, luv. I know you’re different. Unfortunately, you’re leaving town. The story of my life. . . .[/quote]

But hey…I’m staying here.

I’m sure we all (or maybe just you and I) have bad blind date stories. Once upon a time when ImaniOU experimented with online dating in Taiwan (you think I’m bad now), she had the fortune to meet a SABC. They went to get dinner. He began bitching about how wrong it was for non-Asians to speak Mandarin when it wasn’t their native language and how ridiculous they sounded. Conversation rolled between them much the way a brick does when dropped from the top of a skyscraper. The rest of the “date” wasn’t very memorable aside from some other condescending remarks he made about white people and foreigners. Then he asked her if she knew how to read the characters on the spine of a book and she confessed that she could read only 3 out of 10 characters in daily writing he bitched that she needed to study Chinese more. Not many people get to experience someone aggressively talking out of both sides of his ass on a first date. ImaniOU hopes to never repeat such an experience.

Ever.

I particularly enjoyed my experience (this one through a “legitimate” dating service here in Taiwan, about 8 or 9 years ago) with a genuine son of Taiwan whose first question after the usual “Where are you from? What do you do?” was “Do you masturbate?” I always thought waiting at least an hour to ask was much more cultured. :laughing:

Another victim of the Madonna myth, or too many late-night Hollywood flicks, I guess.

[quote=“ironlady”]I particularly enjoyed my experience (this one through a “legitimate” dating service here in Taiwan, about 8 or 9 years ago) with a genuine son of Taiwan whose first question after the usual “Where are you from? What do you do?” was “Do you masturbate?” I always thought waiting at least an hour to ask was much more cultured. :laughing:

Another victim of the Madonna myth, or too many late-night Hollywood flicks, I guess.[/quote]

Four words:

Sex and the City

They should never have allowed foreigners to watch that show. Americans realize that it is a piece of science fiction, but foreigners believe it to be a documentary. If only most American women did put out on the first date…sigh…

MaPoDurian wrote:[quote]I think foreign women are great. It’s American women I can’t stand. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]

Where are you from? Have you met ALL American women to know this? You don’t seem like a very open-minded person.

[quote=“mod lang”][quote=“ironlady”]I particularly enjoyed my experience (this one through a “legitimate” dating service here in Taiwan, about 8 or 9 years ago) with a genuine son of Taiwan whose first question after the usual “Where are you from? What do you do?” was “Do you masturbate?” I always thought waiting at least an hour to ask was much more cultured. :laughing:

Another victim of the Madonna myth, or too many late-night Hollywood flicks, I guess.[/quote]

Four words:

Sex and the City

They should never have allowed foreigners to watch that show. Americans realize that it is a piece of science fiction, but foreigners believe it to be a documentary. If only most American women did put out on the first date…sigh…[/quote]

Away Santy, My dear
Annie. Oh, you New York girls, Can’t you dance the polka? As I walked out on South Street, a fair
maid I did meet Who asked me please to see her home, she lived on Bleecker Street.

Where are you from? Have you met ALL American women to know this? You don’t seem like a very open-minded person.[/quote]

Keep after him through gentle persuasion. He’s a good guy who needs to let go of the bitterness of failed love. Everyone’s been there, I think.

All of my American girlfriends were super cool and quite attractive.

Of course, they were all bi-sexual recreational drug-loving Deadhead hippy chicks… What’s not to like about any of them kind?

Where are you from? Have you met ALL American women to know this? You don’t seem like a very open-minded person.[/quote]
What does it matter? No, of course not. I am quite reasonable, and so am reasonably open-minded, but I am also reminded of the slogan(*) “It is important to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.”

(*) A response to IBM’s AIX advertising campaign, “IBM is Open-Minded”.

I mean, really. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I no longer buy the marketing slogans of the American female. My friends who entered into American-American relationships are almost all divorced, some repeatedly; my friends who married foreign women (including two who went the “mail-order bride” route) are all more-or-less-happily still married (and believe me, the MOB route isn’t nearly as easy as the name, the feminazis, and the so-called journalists who’ve trivialized it make it out to be).

There’s that infamous term again. lol. :smiling_imp:

There’s that infamous term again. lol. :smiling_imp:[/quote]
:blush: My bad. :blush:

One of the reasons for this is that some foreign women from some countries want to go live in America (or other richer Western countries), and they will put up with a lot of shit in order to do so.
I suppose it’s like the foreign bride situation in Taiwan. I’m sure many of the marriages between Taiwanese men and brides purchased in Vietnam, Indonesia, mainland China, etc., are successful: the man gets a more attractive woman than he could attract in Taiwan, and the woman gets to leave a third-world shit-hole. However, it would be hypocritical to then claim that these foreign brides are somehow better than Taiwanese women. They aren’t, but they are getting a good deal, so they put up with things a Taiwanese woman might not.
Western men in Taiwan can attract better women here than they can back home because of their passport, and it would be nice if they didn’t forget this.

Fucking bullshit. Are you saying my wife married me for my passport? You don’t know me or my wife and have no fucking clue what she thinks or why she decided to marry me.
Please tell me how your filthy little post is in any way better than: “Western women are too fat and hairy to get men here.”
Answer: its no better.

[quote=“bababa”]
Western men in Taiwan can attract better women here than they can back home because of their passport, and it would be nice if they didn’t forget this.[/quote]

I really doubt it. You could say Western gay men also attract better men than they could back home, and unless they are Dutch, a passport is usually out of the question for the Taiwanese person. I think Almas John’s list of why Taiwanese women like foreign men is a more accurate portrayal.

Fucking bullshit. Are you saying my wife married me for my passport? You don’t know me or my wife and have no fucking clue what she thinks or why she decided to marry me.
Please tell me how your filthy little post is in any way better than: “Western women are too fat and hairy to get men here.”
Answer: its no better.[/quote]
I apologize - I was speaking about the situation in general, not talking about individuals, who of course have all sorts of reasons for acting the way they do, most not obvious to others.
However, I still think this is a valid point. One male American friend of mine went out with a Taiwanese woman for dinner; when I asked him how it went, he said, “Not too good, all she wants is a green card.” She is hardly the only woman in the world who wants a green card; she is not the only woman I have met in Taiwan who seemed to be looking for an American husband simply because of his nationality.

Taiwan is not a third world country. The majority of the Taiwanese women I’ve met aren’t going to move away from their home and native culture to fly overseas to a land where they can barely speak the language, have no friends or family, and are in a completely alien culture. If what Bababa says is true about the majority of Taiwanese women I’d have to be fending off a dozen marriage offers a day (and yes, there are countries where the women are so desperately American-passport crazy they will do that - such as the archipelago a 100 kilos south of the isle of Formosa. I’ve been there and Taiwan is not the PI).

Where are you from? Have you met ALL American women to know this? You don’t seem like a very open-minded person.[/quote][/quote]
What does it matter? No, of course not. I am quite reasonable, and so am reasonably open-minded, but I am also reminded of the slogan(*) “It is important to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.”

(*) A response to IBM’s AIX advertising campaign, “IBM is Open-Minded”.

I mean, really. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I no longer buy the marketing slogans of the American female. My friends who entered into American-American relationships are almost all divorced, some repeatedly; my friends who married foreign women (including two who went the “mail-order bride” route) are all more-or-less-happily still married (and believe me, the MOB route isn’t nearly as easy as the name, the feminazis, and the so-called journalists who’ve trivialized it make it out to be).[/quote]

You seem to be implying that the high divorce rate is only the fault of American females :unamused: