Wack Things in Taiwan 2018

Mod’s note–correct spelling “wack” is used in title. Don’t change it please

Happy New Year everyone!

A new calendar year doesn’t mean whack things will stop happening in Taiwan. Keep on sharing!

2 Likes

Why is it easier to find tortillas than it is to find hot dog buns??
What the jeez is up with that??

Thanks Trump

1 Like

1 Like

Hot dog buns:

Costco (sometimes)
RT Mart (sometimes)
Florida Bakery (Main locations, not satellite locations)
Ikea

Because when people feel like a hot dog, they go to 7-11. They only need to buy the one. Meanwhile, tortillas are for self made cooking, difficult to buy outside prepared as wished.

I guess.

I think you can by the buns separate at convenience stores. :thinking:

I think it’s weird/wack that some people think it’s save and that they comply with the law by putting a kid’s helmet on top of their empty skull. Too bad I was too late to take some pics.

I hope that isn’t quite as dark and Mad Max-like as it seems.

Not new, still whack: today was the first time I’ve driven a scooter in the rain in a year or two. And wow, unbelieveable how few people turn on their headlights, despite the poor visibility.

I drive with my headlight on when it’s raining, as I was taught to do. It always surprises me how often, while waiting at a traffic light, another well-meaning scooter driver will point out my “error” of leaving my light on in the daytime. :idunno:

Someone once told me once I was wasting power (energy/gas).

1 Like

I’ve heard that as well. The safety factor of driving with the light on far outweighs any extremely minimal “waste” of power.

Besides, don’t scooters have an alternator/stator that keeps the battery charged while the engine’s running, even with the lights on?

1 Like

A girl and her girlfriend walking around inside Jason’s Supermarket on a Sunday afternoon opening and drinking beers and then going through check-out a little drunk each with a couple bottles of opened beer.

This would not be surprising in many countries, but a bit whack for Taiwan.

They are clearly livin’ it up and I applaud them.

They can definitely get away with that in Taiwan. A bit surprised they remembered to pay for their beers upon their state of buzz.

2 Likes

… and drive like crazy shitz …

My favorite topic on this forum.

People lounging barefoot to dry their feet on a cold rainy day in the lounge of 4-star hotels like Shangri-la.

20180108_182923~4

2 Likes

If you can afford to be in there, you do whatever the hell you want.

1 Like

Yea, and if you can’t afford it but just walk in off the street and drop on a couch, you also do whatever you the hell you want.

I remember being barred from the privilege of paying like NT$1500 for a coffee in the Peninsula (Kowloon)'s lobby restaurant because we were wearing Tevas.
They probably would have shot this guy.

You mean James Bond’s scene is fake?! :eek: