Wack Things in Taiwan 2018

Is it a rhino??

1 Like

The culprit has been found. It’s 櫻桃小丸子.

“Hello Kitty” as in hellishly cute, where millions of fad-crazed zombies (the “Wapanese”) now trod the earth, their rational faculties obliterated by an overpowering instinct to embrace Japanese pop culture. Furthermore, they sap the economies of the Western nations by purchasing boundless amounts of worthless Japanese kitsch. With proof of the Kitty’s efficacy, the Japanese have subsequently deployed even more potent mind-control weapons, including Pokemon and Dragonball Z.

there’s an umbrella in the picture?

and not a man anymore based on the T-shirt? IDK, he seems to have scored well enough. Maybe it’s an ironic wearing of pink.

I dunno man. Those two seem to be having a better time than me right now. Kudos to that guy for making this work. : D

Guy

2 Likes

Yeah, isn’t the whole “Neener neener, you’re wearing pink” deal kind of an 8th grade thing??

ETA: What happened to the rhino umbrella anyways?

It’d be worse if his family jewels were in her purse and he was carrying it. Like Guy said, pink shirt looks like it is a small price to pay.

1 Like

You guys know that the trend of pink for girls and blue for boys was the other way around - meaning blue for girls, pink for boys- until the beginning of the 20th century? It is just a passing fad, like a mullet.

Pink shirts are okay but not matching pink shirts.

the dreaded Bondi mullet.

How do you even know they’re matching.

There’s 50% of the shirt we haven’t even see yet.

True they probably don’t match because they have each other’s names on them or I’m his and I’m hers.

1 Like

Just before I went overseas for 5 days , I thought I would make things easy for the Building Management , by giving them my key and asking them to fix an electrical problem . My power keeps switching off at the fuse box , no individual appliance appears to be an issue but happens when a few things on together . Arrived back after 33 hours of travel to find problem still not fixed ( they don’t know why) and someone turned off the supply . Lost all my food in the deep freeze . Sigh .

Last summer I was traveling back and forth from the US east coast and Taiwan, trying to sell my American house and set up our new house in Hsinchu. Was having the US kitchen remodeled while here in Taiwan for two weeks in June. Contractor assured me that he would move my American fridge to my garage, plug it in, and all the stuff in it would be fine …

You know how this ends, right? :wink:

2 Likes

Walking into a restaurant with live music and they’re playing Close To You by The Carpenters. If I hear this song one more time I’m going to crack. Please tell these bands that there is newer music.

I’m Deja vu’d out ok.

Fear not, Rocky Man! The Gospel According to Masters & Johnson will save you by proving that human males are biologically hardwired to shun pink, except for something like 10%. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why would that be worse? If my “jewels” (I’ll spare you the lecture on Rigellian anatomy) were in someone else’s handbag, you could be damn sure I wouldn’t let anyone else carry it! :2cents:

1 Like

Rigellian anatomy sailed over my head. My wife used to ask me why I don’t carry her purse. Apparently, it’s romantic? She’s constantly misplacing it so…

I have that. Always when boiling the kettle while the heater is on.

I researched a bit about the Fusebox, checked that it was not an individual appliance. As it was the Main fuse tripping ( and not the individual zoned switches) it pointed to that switch needing a change…possibly. Had to insist that an Electrician was called…they wanted to get permission first and check it …I said no get me an electrician you approve of and I will pay…magic words… to Receptionist I said why do you want to check it? …you just turned it off last week and I lost my food in the Freezer…
I did not raise my voice, but have learned to be firm and insist eg…please call the electrician now…too late…no now…ok I will try. Few hours later the Agent turns up with Electrician, fixed…it was Main Fuse switch assembly to blame. If it is quite hot to the touch, seems a regular fault. Each person seems to have to check for themselves…inspect and say ok…as if you are imagining no power . After several “inspections” and no work…sometimes you have to say …call an electrician now…or I will.
Sigh rant over