Wack Things in Taiwan 2018

A popular choice among many sentient mammals, it seems.

Most Taiwanese call the electrician themselves.

I wouldn’t trust any work to be done in Taiwan without personal direction and close supervision.

2 Likes

Lucky I never feel compelled to wear what the wife wears.

Two separate Taiwanese girls murdered by their boyfriend recently.

Screenshot_20180529-111240_News%20%26%20Weather

I wonder what the numbers for femicides are here in Taiwan. In recent weeks, I have been counting one case reported daily in the news, up from like 3 in a month or so. Actually, BF/stalker cases are the most common, followed by husband.

1 Like

Jeez, two girls by the same guy?
I hope the cops got him.

I didn’t read that yet.

I did read about the 68 yr old divorcee who murdered his ex wife who still made him breakfast every day. Pure evil.
Chopped her up, the daughter discovered the body.

This one was supposedly mental health related but I still think there was evil intent there, she was asking for a share of the property.

Two cases of dismemberment in a week! WTF?!

I do remember back when I had just arrived there was a case where someone had been murdered and chopped and put into garbage bags and thrown into a garbage truck…where the pieces were discovered. It was big news then.

sometimes i feel the issue is not being able to grow up as adults. I may be 100% wrong but all this attitude is very very childish: ‘‘if i cant get it my way, i destroy it’’ kind of mentality

small story:
the best friend of my wife been with the same BF for 17 years — now they decided FINALLY to live together — renting a flat.
The guy is a total asshole: i mean, nothing can be put in the bin if if doesnt inspect it ( excuse = ‘‘maybe for future use’’) — and he get very vocal about it, i mean making huge scene , shouting, getting hysterical—
the man cant accept to be in the wrong, dont do no concession, trying to put her self esteem as low as the ground---- playing a mental game by diminishing her pride etc…etc…etc…

i didntt have the chance to meet him this last year or so as iam very confrontation kind of person but at least when iam wrong i can openly say it: iam wrong.

now to get back to the story, my wife and I are very worry about the outcome of this story.
ps: only 2 months living together and the miss need to travel weeks at a time for her job, so basically they are in the same flat for 7-10days per month.
it is totally nut

There was quite a fun one a month or two ago (although I may be mixing two murders together, as they were within days of each other), where a woman bludgeoned her husband to death with a dumbell. She then popped his corpse in the corner of their bedroom and covered it with concrete, leaving a husband-shaped lump of 水泥. Caused questions to be asked.

You’re missing out.

To be fair, these gruesome murder stories are not “Whack Things in Taiwan.”

Murders happen in every country.

The idea of “Whack” would suggest that something is unique to the country.

3 Likes

Taiwan seems to have a lot of gruesome partner killings or family killings. It could be run of the mill for a country of 22 million .I doubt it though
There are too many child deaths.

According to this the murder rate was really low but I think the police are telling porkies or some crimes were not being classified as murders. No murder in Taitung for 8 years…Dont quite buy it.

http://www.newsadvance.com/go_dan_river/news/danville/taiwan-trip-a-crime-culture-shock-for-danville-detective/article_1ab9922a-b9db-11e2-af07-0019bb30f31a.html

1 Like

Another mental case , killed his aunt stabbed three family members . Also a week or two ago a naked guy ran into a dentists place and killed a dentist and stabbed the nurse.

https://tw.mobi.yahoo.com/home/桃園男子疑情緒失控-砍殺3長輩釀1死-144845270.html

By the way, as for the recent case of the boyfriend who killed and chopped up his girlfriends body then hanged himself, his parents are under investigation for bringing him bedding, materials and plastic bags morning after the murder. They said it was normal , that they were helping him to clean up and he was going to move home. I don’t believe them.
They are also begging the coroner not to dissect sons body for the autoposy. Your son’s body should be burnt till nothing is left then thrown in the garbage .

https://tw.mobi.yahoo.com/home/狠殺女友分屍-嫌犯父求別解剖兒子-他已受到應有懲罰-094800462.html

1 Like

Maybe “slightly unique” because these are spoilt rich kid boys that no one dares stand up to. Just like the boy arrested in the US for plotting mass murder. I may be wrong but I think there’s something going wrong in the parenting of boys here.

4 Likes

That was two, rather, three different incidents. The guy at the dentist office wasn’t naked, but there were two other naked guy incidents in the last couple of weeks.

I read they also helped him flee the USA after he got caught robbing a bank. Made bail and fled back here.

1 Like

You have mixed some murders up, the woman bludgeoned her sister-in-law to death with a dumbell, then covered her in concrete in her room and locked the door. I believe the murderer’s husband (the victim’s brother) eventually kicked the door down after the police told him too and found the human shaped lump of concrete.

2 Likes

Yes they were two other incidents, you are right.

This is the dentist murder case. I used to live around there, bit unsettling to read.

1 Like

…Delete